User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default New to O O , can anyone please help??

hey there everyone, nice to meet everyone. I have been driving for just 6 years but I am tired of working for a company, I have a 83 model cab over I can get cheap and it runs great, i have drove this truck before over 500 miles on the first trip and all was fine. here is my question I need a trailer before i can get on with my own authority or being able to go under someone else's for now, Does anyone know the best way to get a trailer? A reefer is what I am looking at. 48 ft.. Also I live in georgia if anyone from ga is on here please let me know where i need to go to tag and stuff on the big truck.. Anyway info to a new OO would be appreciated. I won't have a truck payment so i can do a little just starting out, i figure a older truck that is mechanically sound will do the truck not really for comfort but to make money. Thanks everyone..
Old 02-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Senior Board Member

You will need a little money on the side for unexpected repairs. An older truck can nickle and dime you. How many miles are on the cabover?

How much money do you have for your business venture, beyond the cost of the cabover?
Old 02-19-2007, 12:09 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I don't know where you live in Georgia, but there are several trailer and truck sales lots on Moreland just off I-285. If you are not familiar with the area, it is exit where the old TA is located. I can't vouch for the condition of those trailers, but they have plenty of them. If you have cash, there are a couple of auctions they have on a regular basis near Atlanta. One is South of Atlanta on I-85. There is an auction coming up near Orlando that sells equipment. I don't know much about their inventory. You can also check the the Truckpaper. Most dealers and some individuals list their equipment. There were a couple of reefers for sale near me until not too long ago. I haven't seen them lately, so they must have sold them.

You get your base plates just South of Atlanta. It has been a while since I have been there. You can find the phone number and address on the Internet. It should also be in the front of most Rand McNally's. Just key in ga.gov and it should get you in the neighborhood of where you need to be to get the information you need.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:19 AM
Rookie

This link will point you in the right direction:

http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/motor/r...enewIRPtag.asp
Old 02-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Rookie
Default Reefer unit for sale

I have a 1987 Great Dane ThermoKing unit for sale. Actually you can assume the loan on it with a small down payment. It's a great trailer but it is a 53' not a 48'. Most people prefer the 53 since it gives the driver a greater range of possiblities for loading.