User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2007, 01:54 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Yep, you are right RostyC. The 1099 is what is sent at the end of the year. Sorry about that. ops:

I think most companies that have been around for a while have a Duns number, but I don't see many potential customers or brokers using it. When someone checks your D&B they are usually interested in checking your credit rating or company profile. Since you are not asking for credit from anyone, there is no need for most to check. All these people are really interested in knowing is whether you are insured, have motor carrier authority and your safety rating. Some won't even check your safety rating. I don't recall when any broker or shipper has asked for my D&B number.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Senior Board Member

yeah but you could use it to check a broker out no?
Old 03-31-2007, 01:25 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

RostyC, you can check a broker through Duns, but I don't think you will find whether he has been paying carriers unless they have reported him or gotten a judgment against him. The best way to check a broker out is to make sure his bond is current and no one has filed on it previously. You will also want to check his credit references.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:17 AM
Senior Board Member

[quoteI was recently contacted via an email from a bank president using his personal Yahoo email account. From what I'm told I have a relative who I did not know from South Africa who was killed in a plane crash. I even got a] pointer to the news story about the crash. I guess I'm the only living relative and he was worth millions. He owned a large trucking company, "Ubangme Trucking".

The president of this bank says he can transfer these funds less a 10% fee for himself to me if I supply account numbers and pin passwords.

Me thinks this is a scam so watch out![/quote]
Ahhhh, the old Nigera scam again. Man it never goes away.

I do what Gman said......but you still never know. The paradox is the more the load pays the more potential there is to get unpaid. I have been lucky and have not been scammed yet. Altough I do have this little $150 TONU issue to get cleared up.

I had a late payer a couple of weeks ago. I happened to be pulling another one of their loads when I called them to mention they were a week over due. They were willing to courier a check that day when they found that I was in possession of another of their loads. I didnt make any threats......simply, "Y'know, I have another load on my trailer right now...........is there any way you can courier payment today"
Old 05-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Rookie

I've been an o/o with operating authority for 2 years, always used the same three brokers from the start, never had a problem until now, one of them owes me 8 grand and is acting very hinky.

I used to think I knew how to check current status of a broker's bond and whether anyone had filed on it at the fmcsa website, but now can't find it.

Can anyone tell me where to check status of broker bond and file if necessary? Thanks.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC
I've been an o/o with operating authority for 2 years, always used the same three brokers from the start, never had a problem until now, one of them owes me 8 grand and is acting very hinky.

I used to think I knew how to check current status of a broker's bond and whether anyone had filed on it at the fmcsa website, but now can't find it.

Can anyone tell me where to check status of broker bond and file if necessary? Thanks.
You can check status of the bond at www.safersys.org but I don't know how to determine (without paying for a service) if anyone has filed on it. I called a bond company last week to ask this very question and they told me they cannot disclose that info.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

If your on the internet truckstop you can see if there is a credit alert out on them. I have the optional credit thing on my account. You can list the broker here or PM there name and I'll look them up if you like.

From what I've seen it seems like when a broker goes south they go out with a bang and amass a ton of outstanding invoices. Most seem to go under with outstanding invoices in excess of $40,000 dollars which I'm sure they pocket as like severance pay.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

If you have been dealing with a broker for a while and their pay patterns or frequency changes, it should send up a red flag. I have one right now that has lagged behind about a week. They were into me for over $2,000. I told them that I wasn't going to take any more of their loads until I received payment. I got a check a couple of days ago for $1,100. I don't think this broker is in financial trouble, but they may be attempting to get me to pay them an extra fee for paying early. They charge 2 1/2% to pay in 2 weeks. There regular payment schedule is 35 days. I told them that if I were going to pay that much money for early payment that I would factor the load for 5% and have my money in a day or so. I don't know how much business I will continue to do with this broker. They are primarily a logistics company. Some of their rates are rather cheap, anyway. The way I handle someone such as this is to raise the price for which I will haul to compensate for having to factor the load. As a carrier, you can exercise much more control than you realize. Remember, most brokers don't have their own trucks. They MUST have trucks to move the products or they cannot make money. I will make some compromises, but will NOT haul for less than a certain amount of money. Rather than putting something on the truck which doesn't pay my minimum, I will deadhead out.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:04 PM

05/11/2007 I.T.S. Security Department is requesting information on these companies

All State Trucklines of Glendale Ca MC# 460879

Emmanuel Transportation Inc of Los Angeles Ca MC# 424175 DOT# 100833

Greenlight Truck Lines Inc of Tujunga Ca MC# 517289 DOT# 1368596

Sun N Soil Inc dba Concise Brokerage of Glendale Ca MC# 471299

Sun N Soil Inc dba East West Logistics of Glendale Ca MC# 472148 DOT# 1182592

Guardian Transportation Inc of Tujunga Ca MC# 540256 DOT# 1429465

Agape Solutions LLC of Tujunga Ca MC# 569920 DOT# 1528740

Masaa Transportation Services Inc of Glendale Ca MC# 575719 DOT# 1549646

MDM Logistics Inc dba Trans Nation of Tunjunga Ca MC#572491 DOT# 1538433

Fine Food Corp dba Millennium Brokerage of Burbank Ca MC# 529992

Skynet Trucking Inc of Los Angeles Ca MC#496669 DOT# 1600306

Fatemeh Zandvakily dba Lanstar of Tujunga Ca MC# 588049

Century Best Transportation Inc of Los Angeles Ca MC#595986 DOT# 1611845

Delux Trucks Inc of Van Nuys Ca MC# 553975 DOT# 1465961

Delux Trucks Inc dba Dependable Brokerage of Van Nuys Ca MC# 555287

Please send information to us at [email protected] or via fax# 208-278-5571 attn: Security

"That 'gator is here, somewhere..."
Old 07-07-2007, 02:57 PM

We picked up a load one time from a broker, it was a load of pipe and he never paid. Was back in the same area and called him up and got another load from him at the same place. Went to the truckstop and sit and called him, reminded him on never paying me for over 90 days and he said he would have a check in the mail, I said no that is what you have said all along, I want my money today or I will sit on this load until I get it. He valued his customer pretty good, by 5pm I had my money and the next morning I took the load back to the customer and said unload it, they were pissed and I told the shipping manager that he was using a dead beat broker that won't pay and if the use a guy like that they will have a hard time getting trucks. The broker calls me and is mad and then starts playing mister nice guy to get me to take the load. I just tell the shipper to get the load off and they did.