Old 01-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul McGraw
Quote:
Originally Posted by rank
To the original poster, I estimate truck maitenance at $10,000/year/truck. Some years it's less, but we just put a new cylinder head on a truck we bought two weeks ago. After the new head, Prestone went missing again so it's back in the shop to have the head off again. Twice in one week. I can't wait to see the bill for this.
Interesting that ATA estimates $800 per month, which is $9,600 per year and you have experienced $10,000 per year which is virtually the same number. The two sort of confirm each other.

I wish more were done to spread the word among truckers considering becoming an O/O as to real world expenses they can expect. Just the opposite seems to happen. Trucking companies try to make drivers think they can run at .88 per mile and make BIG profits.
The trucking companies couldn't sell it if people didn't buy it. They're telling the lazy suckers what they want to hear. Everybody wants to believe they can get a truck and make money by doing nothing but sitting on their azz for 10 hours a day. Good luck to them I say.

BTW, the bill arrived. $8500.