User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

2006 387 with a kitty in it. has 118k on it right now. Was running 7.2mph. new ULS fuel running same freight I'm now running 6.4 to 6.5.

Idle time is completely not part of the equasion in this truck since I have a tri-pac. (idle time is less then 6 percent) Although I'm heating with deisel now that it's winter and that might skew the numbers a little bit, but I wouldn't think much.

Generator runs about 100 hours a month, give or take. Shouldn't be effecting it much at all.

Nendail
Old 12-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nendail
2006 387 with a kitty in it. has 118k on it right now. Was running 7.2mph. new ULS fuel running same freight I'm now running 6.4 to 6.5.

Idle time is completely not part of the equasion in this truck since I have a tri-pac. (idle time is less then 6 percent) Although I'm heating with deisel now that it's winter and that might skew the numbers a little bit, but I wouldn't think much.
Is that your first winter? Cause I've always loose about 10% of mpg in a winter(lower BTU diesel, higher air density, longer time to reach operating temperature in tranny and axles....) Idle time is completely not part of the equation... :wink:
Old 12-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Is that your first winter? Cause I've always loose about 10% of mpg in a winter(lower BTU diesel, higher air density, longer time to reach operating temperature in tranny and axles....) Idle time is completely not part of the equation... :wink:
Will be the first complete winter. I got the truck in January with 1k miles on it. So what I was getting last winter vs this winter is tough to put any weight into since the motor was new and tight and being wore in.