User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

they want to weed out the little guys, the big companies want to take over, they want to make it hard for us to make money, they want to put the owner/operators and the independents out of business

Now all this talk about these "black boxes" in trucks, the government wants to make it impossible to make a decent living anymore, Its hard enough nowadays to get the job done with the new hours of service, sometimes I can't even get home when I want to,

They keep coming up with more and more stupid rules and regulations, to make it miserable for us out here,

There just isn't the money in trucking that there used to be,
20 years ago my father was making a dollar a mile as an O/O, the wages haven't gone up, the price of everything has gone up but the wages

The way things are going in this industry latley, I think I will take my truck of the highway and just find some kind of a local job, maybe hauling gravel or something, at least my truck is paid for
Old 12-11-2006, 04:14 AM
Senior Board Member

My personaly opinion is the cars and trucks should do the same speed. No split speed limits! If trucks are limited to 68, then cars should be limited to 68. In Ohio and California, trucks are limited to 55, cars are limited to 55. New Mexico, 68 for trucks, 68 for cars. I'm all for the slower speed limits as I don't feel safe driving an 80lb missle at 78mph. But I think cars should be limited to the same speed for safety's sake. If Ohio wants us to drive 55, wouldn't it be far safer for everone to drive 55? Of course the cars and trucks would be doing 60, but at least everyone would be doing 60. Not nearly as much bobbing-and-weaving, and certainly far more fuel-saving. Honestly, why not a nation-wide 65mph speed-limit for everyone? Wouldn't that be in the best interest of us all?
Old 12-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

They tried the nationwide speed limit in the 80's. It was 55 at that time. Driving coast to coast was ssooooo boring. It was later changed to allow states to set their own speed limits. It was supposed to have saved fuel. At the time we had fuel lines and rationing. :?