LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2006, 11:27 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Fuel Mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billgrover56
I have a fuel saving product that can help. It's called Ethos Fr (Fuel Re-Formulator). Without getting into a longwinded pitch I'll just say 1 ounce treats 10 gallons of fuel and you will see savings of at least 10-15% on average. It's been around for 10 years but they just started really marketing it since April of this year. I've got plenty of testamonials if anyone would like. Here's my info
Bill Grover 585-880-4423 [email protected]
www.Ethosfr4u.com. It costs $0.78 to $1.21 / oz (depending upon quantity) but will save 3 times that in fuel economy.
Have you run this in any of your equipment?
Old 11-22-2006, 12:59 AM
Rookie
Default Fuel Mileage

I'm not a trucker but I have plenty of test results. I just completed a test with a school bus company in Rochester, NY. The bus was a GMC G-30 6.5l diesel. The mileage went from 8.96 mpg (3 tank avg.) to 10.48 mpg (6 tank avg) after using 1 ounce per 10 gallons. That is a 16.(% increase! I can email you the actual results if you like. My email is [email protected]. The one big testamonial comes from Allied Pacific Waste, the 2nd largest trash hauler in the country. They have used it fleet-wide for over 6 years and the president of the company estimates that they have saved $32 million in fuel. I can send you that as well.
As for myself, I drive a 95 Chevy lumina w/ 100k. I was getting 19 -20 mpg and now get 22. Basically 40-60 extra miles for 15 gallons depending upon my driving. It really works. The big thing for diesel drivers is that it adds the lubricity to the fuel that Ultra Low Sulfer Deisel has removed. It has proven to increase the life of the fuel seals and injectors. It is non-toxic , non-hazardous and plant based, not petroleum based. It also saves 2 to 3 times in fuel cost than what it costs. Sorry for this commercial but I'm a big believer.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:13 AM
Senior Board Member

Bill check your email/PM. I'm interested in the snake oil

My dad used to sell a product similar to this in the 70's during the gas "shortage".
Old 11-22-2006, 06:08 AM
Rookie

I am not sure where they got the poor mileage 6.5 duramax..... mine has never been below 16.7 mpg pulling either my 40' stock trailer or towing my drag car, just driving it like a car it is always near 22 or 23 mpg. And this is including going over Eisenhower Pass on the way to Vegas. I myself am very leery of gimmick "fuel savers" I know someone that sells something similar and he does not use it himself... hmmm. Maybe they work.... most likely they don't.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Rookie
Default Happy thanks giving everyone

Load It, Did you grt the info that I emailed to you?
Old 11-24-2006, 12:28 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby
I am not sure where they got the poor mileage 6.5 duramax..... mine has never been below 16.7 mpg pulling either my 40' stock trailer or towing my drag car, just driving it like a car it is always near 22 or 23 mpg. And this is including going over Eisenhower Pass on the way to Vegas. I myself am very leery of gimmick "fuel savers" I know someone that sells something similar and he does not use it himself... hmmm. Maybe they work.... most likely they don't.
A bus is differnt than a pickup.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:10 AM
Rookie
Default Fuel Savings

This is a testamonial some of you may be interested in.
Does Ethos FR work?

This is the very most important question to ask, for if it doesn’t, nothing else matters. Jerry Schnitzius, General Manager of the San Diego area operation of Allied Waste Services came to the meeting and told us of his company’s experience with Ethos FR. Being a trained mechanic, he said there is no such thing as "a miracle in a can," and it wasn’t until Enrique De Vilmorin’s 7th visit that he consented to allow Enrique to put some of that stuff in one of his trucks. And when he finally did, he made him put it in an old truck that was about ready to go to the junkyard. Ethos FR immediately reduced the opacity (blackness of exhaust smoke) from 80 to 20. Opacity is one of the most important tests on diesel engines in California. Still not convinced, they tested it on more trucks for six months (totally at Ethos FR’s expense) before giving the go ahead to put it in all trucks within Jerry’s operations. Since 2000, the average opacity for the entire fleet, is approximately 10, they won the Earth-Day award in the community for reducing pollution and harmful emissions by 500 tons per year.

Most importantly, to a huge publicly traded company, they have saved $34 million in fuel consumption in 6 years. The employees now use Ethos in their personal vehicles and Jerry said, "If it doesn’t work, it’s because you don’t use it." They put Ethos FR in the fuel, crankcases and transmissions of all their trucks. The decision has been made to use Ethos FR by Allied in Texas and soon across the nation by all Allied operations.

Allied Waste Services the second largest waste management company in the U.S. and is currently burning about 2 million gallons of fuel per day. Do you honestly believe they would continue spending millions of dollars per year for a product that doesn’t work?
Old 11-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Fuel Mileage

are you also selling oceanfront property in arizona?
Old 11-24-2006, 07:53 PM
Senior Board Member

For the record, the 6.5 Liter Turbo Diesel, is NOT the same thing as the Duramax Diesel.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Rookie

What is your knowledge or opinions regarding the overall wear and tear and basic running and repair and replacement costs, say for like 150,000 miles with a 12,000 lb load vs a 42,000 lb load. Of course all other things being the same.