User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2006, 12:37 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I have seen the video, its not a pretty sight. I am also a combat veteran of the Iraq war, so I know what to expect over there. As a mechanic I will be behind the wire at all times, unless I am changing locations to another post, which most times is done by helicopter. Different companies pay differently. I will be working for a base wage. 84 hours a week. I get hazard pay and other incentives on my first 40 hours. On my next 44 hours for the week I will be paid at the standard overtime rate, time and a half.

I am finishing up a 4 year enlistment in the army, and chose to get out and go contract in Iraq because it will give me the opportunity to generate a large amount of capital in a fairly short amount of time.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I will be paid at the standard overtime rate, time and a half.
hhhmmm???? :P :P :P

Quote:
...I will be behind the wire at all times, unless I am changing locations to another post,...
Good. It looks crazy for the drivers. God bless you.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:53 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam
Quote:
Sorry Cam-hate to bust your Bubble again but there is NO Overtime.
Again? When was the first time? You're not talking about your harsh, unjustified charge that I should get the FACTS and not repeat what I 'heard' in newspaper articles? I've already shown the problem was your command of English, not anything I wrote. :P

I believe you are wrong about the overtime as well though I can only base that upon what the recruiters told me and the fact that you've been away for awhile.

Thanks for the info, Acranger. Did you see the video of the ambush? Care to comment on your inspiration to do this? Driving looks especially dangerous compared to many other jobs they offer like cooking, and I'm guessing mechanics, anything that allows you to stay on base most of the time.
I'm NOT wrong-In case you didn't know I was a Tanker Driver there plus was involved with a number of ambushes-Particularily the one in '04
I Believe I DO know what i'm talking about and whatever your "Recruiter" told you is BS.