http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

pretty scary 8)
Old 11-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

This is interesting. And, if you click the link at the bottom, there is an entire message board for people who like to talk about oil! Didn't see a teen oil chatroom, though

Lucas, what gives!?!? I don't understand them having a magic potion that engineers from every other company in the industry can't copy thereby offering their own versions of basically the same thing. Now, I could understand snakeoil salesmen marketing heavily with motor sports thereby selling trucking's version of the pet rock.

Is Lucas anything more than a viscosity aduster!? You know, thick oil, add it and your oil's overall thickness goes up? Perhaps a good idea in the summer, perhaps a bad idea in the winter? Does it allegedly cling to the cylinder walls better just because it's thicker, is that all there is to it? By being thicker, does it slow oil circulation during start up thereby having a detrimental effect, if any?

If it's just about viscosity, the manufacturers prescribe a viscosity that is not too thick, not to thin. They could prescribe any thickness. If thicker were better they'd just prescribe that. The only thing I could see is that it's not always a 'one size fits all', one viscosity for all driving conditions. In that case, maybe it would be fine to adjust your oil's viscosity. Yet, I haven't heard anyone recommend Lucas when it's hot outside only. All you engineers on the board, this is the kind of stuff you talk about at the bars, right? :lol: Any thoughts?
Old 11-09-2006, 01:01 PM

every single manufacturer out there states that if a proper grade oil is used, ie ci-4, etc then no additives are needed.

Its just like these miracle fuel savers. Dont you think if GM, ford, etc can get 30mpg out of their trucks they wouldnt do so. These auto companies are in trouble and if any device will boost mileage that much, they would be all over it.

I personally use Lucas on the 5th wheel and slider, because I have had good experience with it staying put. I have used the fuel treatment, and i cant say I saw any miracles :shock: I think the verdict is still out. there were trucks going 1 mil miles before lucas and trucks going 1 mil after lucas.

Next time you see a LUcas display with those little gears, give her a hell of a crank and watch the air bubbles in the lucas. Oil in any oil is not good, but the lucas side has tons more than the reg oil side.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Senior Board Member

The jug of injector cleaner says "give this a try", fill your fuel filter with Lucas for a 'tune up' or whatever they claim it does. I don't know what it does for my injectors but I can say this, it causes me to have to change my fuel filter between PMs.