User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2006, 07:08 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Looking for Information On FedEX

8) Hello,

Has anyone currently or in the past worked as a owner operator in there line haul division for FedEx.. They seem to currently have a pretty good program for owners who want to sign on. I received a contract today and it seems pretty fair, I also had a few legal people look at the contract and they all said it looked allot better than most.

I would like to hear from any of you that may have done this in the past or who might be currently driving for them. Before making a decision its good to talk to as many people a possible to get both sides.

Thanks For Any Help You Can Give…

DC
Old 10-23-2006, 12:06 AM
Default fedex ground

93 cents a mile. unless they boosted the starting pay, that's not too good
Old 10-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Fedex actually pays well,. despite low CPM. You always pay $1.25/gal at the huib, no matter what. Therefore you don't have to try to follow the jacked up logic of companies claiming you're never "pay more than $1.25 a gallon!" mumbo-jumbo. Also, its been raised higher than 93cpm, but not much. One thing they do offer is consistent mileage, and for some thats a plus. Same route, day in and day out until they change it or you bid on a different one. They do have some nice bonuses too.

"Floored" on this BB was a teammate witha FedEx contractor, she might be able to fill you in on the nitty gritty.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Floored
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I drove with a O/O at Ground and even considered signing my truck on with them at one point (I didn't because I did not have a team to run). A good person to talk with would be my former boss, he was with ground when they were still RPS and currently runs 3 trucks with them. You can reach him on this forum off his profile at: http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...rofile&u=13300

Of course FDX has its flaws, but all companies do. If you have a good team you should be able to stay busy most the year. Having a set fuel rate is also a plus. They work off of senority there so geting anything dedicated will be tough at first. Local work depends on the terminal you sign on with and what they have avail at the time, the guys in Sacto were averg. 2k miles a week local last time I asked around. All drop and hook terminal to terminal keeps you running smoothly there. I liked driving for ground and can't say much bad about them as a driver.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:01 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

8) BanditsCousin & Floored

Thanks for the information I really do appreciate it. Sometimes its hard to get certain questions answered if you don’t have the right source to go to. I will contact your friend and ask for his assistances.

DC