User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2006, 03:15 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Green driver story.

" the best way to make a small fortune in the trucking business is to start with a large one"
Old 10-27-2006, 03:47 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorSenior Board Member

I work at CJ&M Transport as a dispatcher here in Portland. You might want to revise your story. Training is one week long if you don't have car hauling experience. It is paid at the state minimum wage, which right now is $7.50 per hour in Oregon. There are NO company drivers here, everyone is either an owner/operator or a lease operator. EVERYONE who applies is told this, perhaps you didn't understand the concept when you were told it but, nonetheless it is a fact. You are shown the trucks that are available to lease before you start training. I agree that the trucks they lease are old and high mileage but 65k to 70k for an older car hauler is a lot different than for regular tractor and trailer. The first 6 months that you lease the truck is just that a lease. You pay for the lease and fuel and road taxes, etc. but the company provides the maintenance. After that, if you choose to purchase the truck you are put on a long term lease and then you are responsible for the maintenance as well.

Did you even bother to find out what the drivers that are driving for CJ&M are making? The local drivers, home everynight and usually a 12 hour day or less are averaging a gross of $800 per day. They usually only run 150 to 200 miles per day for that kind of gross so their costs are not too high. So, on a gross of around 220 to 225k per year they probably net at least 80 to 100k.

Best of luck to you with your Freightliner.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:12 AM
Board Regular

I WIll revise it cause I don't wanna start a flamimg war over the net for something that happened several years ago. It happened and I think you guys are cheating drivers period. I didn't figure someone from here is an employee for Dave. Or is this Dave himself? Or is it David. I know both of you work there still and I know you are still up to your old tricks of screwing people out of there hard earned money.
Training is not what I was told it was. How about the loads I took by myself to the coast and never got paid for? How about Dave or was it David that told me that it was all part of my training? And how about the contract I signed that said I get paid nothing for one month cause it is "training" ?????????? Intresteing version you have. How about me making a complaint to the A.G. about your company and the way it is ran. And me not getting paid??? Did you hear about that? Either way I don't think I know you so I will not insult you personaly and I will leave it at that. Your company SUCKS and don't deserve the people it has working for them. PERIOD.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:15 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcal
I WIll revise it cause I don't wanna start a flamimg war over the net for something that happened several years ago. It happened and I think you guys are cheating drivers period. I didn't figure someone from here is an employee for Dave. Or is this Dave himself? Or is it David. I know both of you work there still and I know you are still up to your old tricks of screwing people out of there hard earned money.
Training is not what I was told it was. How about the loads I took by myself to the coast and never got paid for? How about Dave or was it David that told me that it was all part of my training? And how about the contract I signed that said I get paid nothing for one month cause it is "training" ?????????? Intresteing version you have. How about me making a complaint to the A.G. about your company and the way it is ran. And me not getting paid??? Did you hear about that? Either way I don't think I know you so I will not insult you personaly and I will leave it at that. Your company SUCKS and don't deserve the people it has working for them. PERIOD.
Ummmm-guess you didn't understand or can't read who you're responding to :P :P
Old 10-27-2006, 04:27 AM
Board Regular

I work at CJ&M Transport as a dispatcher here in Portland. You might want to revise your story. Training is one week long if you don't have car hauling experience.

thats intresting thats not what it was when I was there?????

It is paid at the state minimum wage, which right now is $7.50 per hour in Oregon.

wrong! why didn't I see a dime from CJ&M??????

There are NO company drivers here, everyone is either an owner/operator or a lease operator. EVERYONE who applies is told this, perhaps you didn't understand the concept when you were told it but, nonetheless it is a fact.

Yes I did understand it and he also told me that there were ways to work there with out owning your own truck but you have to finish training first

You are shown the trucks that are available to lease before you start training.

LOL thats not true. I was shown one truck and asked to drive it period and then called into buy it for 70K. I was not shown anything else and was NOT giving any choice PERIOD. Maybe things changed since I was there.

I agree that the trucks they lease are old and high mileage but 65k to 70k for an older car hauler is a lot different than for regular tractor and trailer.

Older is an understament. How about a truckl that has been to the moon and back for half the price of a new one???

The first 6 months that you lease the truck is just that a lease. You pay for the lease and fuel and road taxes, etc. but the company provides the maintenance.

Agian not what I was told by the lead guy there. I belive if I remeber right it was the terminal mgr. David. I was told I pay for service and everything else.

After that, if you choose to purchase the truck you are put on a long term lease and then you are responsible for the maintenance as well.

I was never offerd these options. And after I asked for the money I had made driving several loads I was told it was traning.

Did you even bother to find out what the drivers that are driving for CJ&M are making? The local drivers, home everynight and usually a 12 hour day or less are averaging a gross of $800 per day. They usually only run 150 to 200 miles per day for that kind of gross so their costs are not too high. So, on a gross of around 220 to 225k per year they probably net at least 80 to 100k.

You crack me up buddy. I would love to see some proof of that. If your guys were making that much and living so high off the hog hauling cars they wouldn't be driving the rigs they do and people would be beating down your door for jobs. I don't think they are doing that now are they??? Or is that why you always have an add in the paper for drivers wanted no experince needed???? There are alot of o/o here that will chime in on this one but your story about 80-100k a year is so far off base and people will call you out for it. Maybe you don't understand but your company is worthless and treats drivers like crap. So if you like to take this to a PM please do so. If you like to meet over some lunch sometime please let me know and we can chat about my experince with your company. But other wise don't jake this thread and leave it alone it was meant for people to read not for you to stick up for your company and try and make them look like the golden goose. Thanks any way but no thanks.

Best of luck to you with your Freightliner.

thanks I'm sure I'll be fine.[/quote]
Old 10-27-2006, 04:32 AM
Board Regular

is he dave or david????

LOL I just saw he is the moderator on this site. Well go ahead and hid the truth and take the thread down. I will take my posts else were since it seems like I hit the wrong spot here. Just don't forget about how you screwed me over buddy.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:47 AM
Board Regular

btw please do me a favor . delete my account here cause I have nothing further to discuss with you about this topic or any other topic on this forum. It's to bad cause there is some intresting info on here. I still stand behind what I say about the company you work for. And the things they did.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:49 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcal
is he dave or david????

LOL I just saw he is the moderator on this site. Well go ahead and hid the truth and take the thread down. I will take my posts else were since it seems like I hit the wrong spot here. Just don't forget about how you screwed me over buddy.
Cheese with that Whine?
Old 10-27-2006, 04:49 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

You are posting things that are just not true. I am not Dave, he was the terminal manager a few years back and things are much different since then. Sorry you had a bad experience with him. What I have told you is the way things are now. I am the dispatcher and as so I have to send in an Excel spread sheet daily with the drivers gross earnings for the day, I think I know what they make.

We have not ran an ad in the paper since I've been there so get your facts straight on that too.

Don't accuse me of high jacking your thread when I am directly responding to what you posted, not going off on a tangent. You posted information about the company that I work at that just isn't true today and that needs to be made clear.

Furthermore, don't tell me that I don't know my numbers. Why should the drivers buy up when the trucks they are driving are doing the job just fine. Like I said, usually only 150 to 200 miles per day. Do you know what GM pays per vehicle for a local run? $32 for a car and $40.90 for a truck. 4 pick ups and 1 car is $195.60, they usually do 4 of these a day. The brand new car haulers that I see coming into the yard from Boydstun seem to be running around 240k to 260k.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:54 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

So you get challenged and you fold, just like that. Umm, OK. Nobody said you could not post here and nobody asked you to change your post. I just challenged some information that you put out there and you did offer that this was what happened to you a while back. Fair enough, I told you how things are there now and rather than except that you quit the forum. :shock: :roll:

I am curious as to what you are going to haul with that Freightliner though...