User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by watevr777
I second what Steve said E FAX

Steve why do you print sign and scan..you can save you signature to a stamp and stamp it...been doing it for a year now and no one has ever complained ( because you agree in the contract that photo copies are acceptable ...IE Fax )

I download fill out sign save delete the pages I do not want to send back and fax after you fax do not save changes and everything you saved on the first save will be there
I should have given more detail, I wasn't just talking about the signature. In my case I'm getting carrier agreements that are 15 pages long with tons of stuff that needs filling out. Once I get rolling I'm sure it will just require my stamp.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti
If you have a printer and can connect your phone to your laptop, you can recieve a fax over that, if you have a scanner you can send a fax. Widows has fax capibilities included, just never tried it over the cell, but it works fine with the landline phone, so...?...?...?
This will not work. As of 9/2006 there is not a single cell phone on the market that will pick up a call and transmit the data to your computer/laptop. I have been looking for this technowledgy since last year.

You can send faxes no problem at all. Well I should say with minimal problems. There is a tower delay between when the data signals sent from your cell phone reach the fax machine, if that lag is just a little too long the recieving fax will hang up. If that problem don't exist, you can usualy transmit a fax via cell.

The software that is out to connect your phone to the internet via a lap top should install a virtual modem on your pc and this is the modem you select when trying to send a fax.

I use myfax.com - Took minutes to set up like the others, and I have my own fax number. Been perfect for me so far.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Myfax.com

I use myfax.com and it works like a charm. Also, it's cheaper than efax and you don't need to download any software. It's true internet faxing.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Does anyone use a scanner versus faxing?
Old 11-15-2006, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOAD IT
I use both. If you are going to fax out of your truck you're going to need some sort of scanning device.

I'm a computer junky (15 years in pc's before pushing this truck down the road) so my truck is pretty set up. In fact my lap top wasn't powerful enough and since I do graphic editing, and video editing I needed a better machine but didn't want to pay the money for a laptop so I built my home pc right into the truck.

My printer/copier/scanner absalutly rocks. Problem is not all companies (brokers) will take email as a way to recieve data. So you're stuck faxing until the industry is used to guys out here actually using technowledgy.

Some places will take a pdf file if you can scan data in and convert to pdf. Sounds complicate but really it's rather easy. If you download "openoffice.org" it's like MS OFFICE only it's free. you open up the "writer" (equivilant to ms word) you scan your pages into the writer document, click the little pdf button on the menu bar and bingo you have a pdf file that almost anyone can read anywhere, and/or works nicely to fax attached to an email via myfax and or other fax services.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:11 AM

I have Verizon wireless, eFax and a HP printer/scanner/copier and it seems to do the trick. Just one note though, when you scan something in make sure you set to do either grey scale or 1 bit black and white and not 16 million color or you'll end up with a 30 megabyte image.

You still need the traditional fax machine at home if your hooking up with carriers for the first time. You end up receiving 15 to 20 page faxes that need to be filled out and sent back.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nendail
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOAD IT
I use both. If you are going to fax out of your truck you're going to need some sort of scanning device.

I'm a computer junky (15 years in pc's before pushing this truck down the road) so my truck is pretty set up. In fact my lap top wasn't powerful enough and since I do graphic editing, and video editing I needed a better machine but didn't want to pay the money for a laptop so I built my home pc right into the truck.

My printer/copier/scanner absalutly rocks. Problem is not all companies (brokers) will take email as a way to recieve data. So you're stuck faxing until the industry is used to guys out here actually using technowledgy.

Some places will take a pdf file if you can scan data in and convert to pdf. Sounds complicate but really it's rather easy. If you download "openoffice.org" it's like MS OFFICE only it's free. you open up the "writer" (equivilant to ms word) you scan your pages into the writer document, click the little pdf button on the menu bar and bingo you have a pdf file that almost anyone can read anywhere, and/or works nicely to fax attached to an email via myfax and or other fax services.
Thanks for the info.