User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Hauling Cars/Trucks

Can someone explaine to me how COD works with hauling cars? I see a few load boards that say COD. Does this mean when you show up with the car/truck the customer/owner of vehicle pays you then? Or do you get paid from another party after you deliver the vehicle?

Someone fill in the blanks??
Old 10-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Senior Board Member

A lot of customers want to pay when they get the car- cash, money order or cashier's check (bank check). I have heard of fake bank checks but never seen one, myself.

I don't use load boards but I imagine COD means they'll pay you cash when you get there. Always check with the customer, though. They have a nasty habit of forgetting to get the money out if you don't remind them- and then they want to pay with a credit card. But if you remind them and tell them they have to pay cash, they will.

Also, since you're using a load board, you may find that the customer has already paid the broker a "down payment' that you'll never see. So it's possible the COD amount isn't the full amount- so if you're on percentage, make sure you ask the customer tactful questions about what they paid total so YOU don't get screwed.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Senior Board Member

COD to you may be a comcheck from the broker. You may be picking up a check from the customer to give to the broker. I would request comcheck payment right away. WhenI moved cars, I moved a COD load for the broker mailed his COD check within 1 hour of receiving it from the customer. It took him 90 days and lots of threatening to eventually pay up.