User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2006, 03:23 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Help ...guys...!

Long time I dont post here , but now I really need help.....

I quit my ICC # about 3 months ago...
I work for that time for a company as a o/o in the NW ... F......t , hope to not hire a killer to blow me :twisted: . Laugh now , cry later....

They lyiing me before I sign the lease .

I ask them 3 or 4 questions :

1.Load weights - they told me 50/50 ..... reality 90 Heavy(over 43000/ 10 lights.

2.permits -they told me they pay all.... reality ...oregon PUC (this is not a big problem....but ...I want to know before...

3 .maintenance ...they rob me with the oil change ...(my oil, shell rotella
brand new in little bulk) - $190 ....
............If u need more info guys , lett me know...I am full...of shit...

4. I Told them I dont need more than 9000-10000miles /month.

I had "games" with them after I refuse a load with Hazmat(over 44500) after 10 heavy loads . They told me to go and pick up and no coments , and I REFUSED ... ! I dont feel safety ...

Today I call them to tell them I need a 1 week vacation !They told me " YOU SEEM YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH US ANYMORE ...
.,..so you are terminated....!

:lol:

I start allready send applications to other o/o company who work on the west coast only... In 3 years my CDL is clean ...

Any sugestions , is good coming ...from GMAN( the trucking doctor ), I like your style ....man...

ps: I am a imigrant-26 year old O/O , from Eastern Europe(Transilvania,Romania) , who sometimes stutter(Speech problems) , but hard working man (american citizen from last year ) who like to drive on this beautifull country .....but ...

Thx, Cosy 8)
Old 09-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Cosy, your post is a little difficult to follow, but let me see if I understand. You were running your own authority until about 3 month's ago. You leased to a carrier, even though they lied to you before you signed the lease? Now you want to find another carrier who will lease you on who only runs the West Coast?

I don't know why you decided to give up your authority, but I do know it can be difficult to make a go of it if you are a single truck operation trying to find loads as well as deliver them. It isn't impossible, but can be a challenge.

I don't know what type of freight you want to haul or whether you have your own trailer, but if you want to find a carrier with whom to lease, I would suggest going with one that pays percentage, such as Landstar or Mercer. Both have a presence on the West Coast. I believe Jones also has agents near you.

As long as you have a clean MVR, a few years experience, and a truck that is in decent shape and looks good, you should not have any problem finding a good carrier. I have known of some owner operators who do well just running up and down I-5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosy

Any suggestions , is good coming ...from GMAN( the trucking doctor ), I like your style ....man...
Thanks. Does that mean that I will need to add a couple of letters after my handle? GMAN, TD (truck doctor) :lol: :wink:
Old 09-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
I don't know what type of freight you want to haul or whether you have your own trailer, but if you want to find a carrier with whom to lease, I would suggest going with one that pays percentage, such as Landstar or Mercer.
I understand that Landstar and Mercer are good. I also was at a company that paid percentage, and learned quite quickly that the loads they were booking didn't pay well. 74% OF $0.80/mile really SUCKS. I also saw a company that pays $1.64/mile loaded and empty. To do that, they can't book anything for less than $2.00/mile. There, if you run the miles, you get paid, and you may expect to put $2,00 in the bank a week. It's the companies that only pay .80 and .90 per mile that I would not consider.... Which is most of the companies that pay by the mile.

Old 09-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Rookie

Was pretty fine with my ICC# till at the beginning of this year . I began to
lost alott a $, because was hard to find decent pay loads.

I run with CH Robinson , hauling dry van, around 40 states , except (NE, Carolines ).I like them because they are one of the most professional in this industry. Sometimes the rate was 2-3$/mile (short haul 150-400)
but sometimes under a buck.(Miami, Fl area ...Florida..)

In the area where I live , is hard to find good pay loads anymore , so I had a hard time .

Now I received a call from Interstate Dist , out of Tacoma , Wa. They are preety close from where I live and they have I -5 routes and Arizona too. Did u guys know anything about them ?

I have in mind 2 company more : Schneider and GTI(Gordon ...

I dont want to have my ICC# anymore because w/ 1 truck are to manny papers to do and I am very tired about that anymore . If u have 4 0r 5 is good , but after that is hard to find serious drivers to drive for you ......

GMAN - my truck is a decent truck "98 Freightliner Century, Det. 60Series . mileage 632***. Is running good , and I almost pay him off after a 2 and a half loan .

I think Lanstar is not for me! I want to drive WEST Coast only, not 48 states. Thx.

Cosy

8)
Old 09-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Senior Board Member

you can run anywhere you want with landstar, you pick and choose when and where you want to run, and the pay is as good as you make it, if you`ll work cheap you`ll make nothing if ya prove yourself and hold out you can do well.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:59 AM
Rookie

Ok ...That's it ....! I want to sell my truck and change fields...school ..or something else...

If you guys are interested , please reply....

1998 Freightliner Century
detroit 60series, 430/470
10sp. mileage : 632XXX (Blue)

I check truckpaper.com and I was thinking around $28000(Is mine from aug.2004)

If is overpriced ...let me know guys ...I am not gonna be mad...

Thanks. Cosy
Old 09-22-2006, 03:47 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Not to hurt your feelings, Cosy, but I would not pay more than about $12-15M tops if it is in good shape. Unfortunately, Freightliners don't hold their value very well.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:27 AM

Some truck dealerships (and the truck stop shop in Gilroy CA) will charge you a lot more than $190 for an oil change...

Check it out: REAL INFO ABOUT WEIGH STATIONS
Old 09-24-2006, 02:19 AM

Cosey,
I have been with Landstar for 3 years. I too stutter a little, more on the phone than in person. It's no big deal, everybody has some kind of problem. The agents with Landstar only want their freight delivered on time, professionally. I have found several agents (brokers) who I feel comfortable talking with and they keep my running where and when I want to run. I have met lots of drivers who have some speech impediment, don't worry about it, it's okay if you do your job.

Landstar is really running a loadboard. You pick and choose your own loads. Run hard if you want to, or take it easy when you want. There is no pressure to run ANYTHING! You call them and ask for the load. The orientation is only 3 days and you can get a load at the end of day 3.

Some of the best loads never hit the loadboards because the agents would have hundreds of drivers calling them. It's important to establish a relationship with a few brokers (agents) in the system who know they can trust you to deliver. Give them a try! GMAN is right, my 1997 FL classic is was only worth $12,500.00 WITH new tires! Run it until it starts to give you serious problems. No payments are really nice.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:48 AM
Senior Board Member

You know every time I read some of the excellent stuff you guys post in this forum I cannot help but wonder why they don't charge us just to get into this forum! The information is always excellent, and the advise is awesome.

Cosy, Check out Landstar. Like they said it is basically a glorified load board and you can pick and choose the places and loads you want to haul.

I was looking at at the truck paper, and you can buy a 2001 Freight Shaker for the money your asking. So you may be asking more than your going to get for her. BOL

Longsnowsm