User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2009, 05:48 PM
JimmyJoe
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default 9YRS EXP Clean MVR Oversize Permit Loads near Tampa

I've decided with an elderly relative in my home that I need to stay closer to home or at least get home every weekend. If not then my dog who has traveled extensively with me would need to accompany me in the rig. He has never caused any damage to any interior.

I will entertain all offers but my expertise is hauling permit loads. Even part time as I don't have a lot of bills. Doesn't make sense to me that drivers WITH tickets are working and costing their employers in higher insurance while I cannot seem to find work. I just renewed my DOT medical and have a class A but no endorsements presently. Of course they can be obtained. Thank You for any consideration.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

You live in a tough area for hiring. I think that is probably the main reason you have been finding it difficult to find a job. There is an equipment auction near Orlando. You might check to see when they will have their next auction and make a point of visiting during that time and talk to some drivers and/or owner operators. They might be able to point you in a direction. You may also check with some of the equipment rental companies if you want to stay close to Tampa. Some of them run their own trucks that pick up and deliver equipment to job sites. There are a lot of carriers who steer clear of Florida due to the lack of freight. There is a company listings on this forum that might provide some leads. I would check with ATS, Keene and some of the other major equipment haulers. Bennett is based out of McDonough, GA. If these people can't help perhaps they can point you in a direction.