User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Got my CDL in April & looking for a O/O to drive for or team with.

After getting my CDL in April, I leased a truck with C.R. England and didn't have a very good experience. High fixed & variable costs, low miles & only home once since April. The truck was returned mid October & I stayed home for Thanksgiving & Christmas & now
I've run into problems getting hired by another company as I'm consistantly being told that there are freezes on hiring drivers with my level of experience at this time. 1 year of OTR experience seems to be what companies are looking for at this time. I'm not sure if it is because of freight being slow or because it is the winter month's & companies feel newer drivers are an accident or liability risk.
I just need to get back to work to provide for my family and am open to suggestions & help with moving forward.
I thought that I may find results with teaming up with an Owner / Operator but am not limiting myself to any type of work.
Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Thank you!
Old 01-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Rookie

I am also in the same boat as you are. I graduated in april 08 and am having a tough time finding employment. They all keep saying to take a one week refresher course and then it will not be a problem. The school I have contacted with cost me 1300 dollars. alot after i have already payed 4700 dollars.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Rookie
Default buckmstr3t1

Thanks for the info. I'm Jeff and I'd appriciate it if something comes along or you hear about a possible lead that you let me know.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:20 AM
Rookie

Where are you two located? Are you interested in learning how to haul cars and are you willing to run in a sleeper team?

If so, email me at [email protected]
Old 01-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Rookie
Default I'm Interested

I'm located in Martinsburg, WV. Just off I-81 exit 16 about 10 miles from the Maryland boarder, 30 miles from Virgina & Pennsylvania boarders.
I am interested in learning to haul cars & driving as a sleeper team as well. I've done team driving while I was in my lease.