User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default looking for work in SE Texas

I'm a driver of 12+ years. I just moved to the area from WI. The first jb I took didn't work out. I worked for the company I was with in WI for 6.5 years. I only left to move my family back to TX. I was pulling mobile medical scanners doing both otr and local work there.
My family owned trucks, I grew up around them. I maintained the fleet untill I turned 21. I have also been though diesel mechanics training. I have no tickets or accidents. A DUI thats probably 14 years old. I have a great afey record and I've never been late.
I'm looking for regional or local type work. Not that Iwant to stay in this area but my home time is important, I do have a family with a young son. I prefer out and back type hauls. I'm actually pretty open I just don't want to be gone weeks on end or only get home for a night.
I have pulled refer, van, very limited curtainside and high value medical imaging trailers.
I'm in Woodville, TX
[email protected]
Old 02-17-2008, 12:10 AM
Default Re: looking for work in SE Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicineMan
I'm a driver of 12+ years. I just moved to the area from WI. The first jb I took didn't work out. I worked for the company I was with in WI for 6.5 years. I only left to move my family back to TX. I was pulling mobile medical scanners doing both otr and local work there.
My family owned trucks, I grew up around them. I maintained the fleet untill I turned 21. I have also been though diesel mechanics training. I have no tickets or accidents. A DUI thats probably 14 years old. I have a great afey record and I've never been late.
I'm looking for regional or local type work. Not that Iwant to stay in this area but my home time is important, I do have a family with a young son. I prefer out and back type hauls. I'm actually pretty open I just don't want to be gone weeks on end or only get home for a night.
I have pulled refer, van, very limited curtainside and high value medical imaging trailers.
I'm in Woodville, TX
[email protected]

If you would consider flatbed there are quite a few companies that pull drill pipe from one of the pipe yards in houston. There is ATS and Lonestar abd quite a few others. At the port there are many, many more. If you have to just go down to gate 1 or 5 at the port off of Federal rd south of I10. There are lots of small companies looking for drivers and O/O's that never put ads in the paper in Houston. You just have to get out and talk to people. There are also lots of companies that haul lumber in east Texas and Louisiana. Keep looking and you will find something as long as you are willing to get out and shake hands.
1 last thing you can do is call Lanstar. If you don't own your own then you can find an O/O to drive for.

You are a rumor, recognizable only as deja vu, and dismissed just as quickly. You don't exist. You were never even born. Anonymity is your name, silence is your native tongue. You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We are "them." We are "they." We are the Men in Black.

We either hang together or we will be hanged seperately. -Benjamin Franklin 1767
Old 02-19-2008, 02:46 PM

I own a truck but I'm refurbishing it so I'm looking for a co job. I'm over two hours from Houston so that' a bit far to just pop in for a visit. There is alot of oil field and forest product jobs around here. I'm not hard to employ, I have a good record so I'll find something. I just hate big companies though. DeBer has some TX, NM, AZ regional. there pay sucks but I like running that area but they told me I'm too fat to drive for them.... Kind confusing considering I'm not that fat