User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Investigate your drivers

It is not uncommon for a driver with a bad DAC to seek out O/O's or Indpendants to drive for. They know they have a better chance of someone not looking at a bad DAC.

Well, my partners hired someone I sent to them who had admitted to having a bad DAC and we never checked him out after hearing his stories. We ran him pas the insurance company and they checked his MVR and ok'd him.

This guy was a pain from the beginning. Big Mouth, Bad Attitude, and just a pain in the arse in general. He eventually ran off the road and flipped the truck in good weather.

It then came to light that this is not his first wrecked truck.

People are not what they seem. I didn't meet him until after my partners had hired him and didn't like him from that point on. He gave a good sob story but was a snot-nosed runt, con-artist, who was constantly late in delivering loads, picking up loads, or not showing at all. He was on his way to be fired when he wrecked the truck.

I urge you to not be suckered by guys who coming crying to you with a story.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Rookie

I have somewhat of a similar scenario Mr Jack. I was a School graduate and then did my extended training through the company 3.5 weeks. My first load out I went from Rochelle IL to Philadelphia PA and then from there to Brooklyn NY. I just about shit myself I got into a small trailer accident in Brooklyn Van full of army guys pulled me over on the BQE and told me my trail or had hit there mirror. no ticket issued we exchanged our info and I got back on my way. I was told by a lot of drivers what in the he%% was my company thinking in sending me to these places first time on my own. I had never been nowhere this tuff in my life let alone driving a 70 ft vehicle. The next week went better but 3rd week I had a run from Cleveland to Atlanta. I never had much mountain driving experience let me tell you whew I made it down after 3 stops for breath...Next day on my way back from Florida I stop-ed 1 am in the morning in corners ville TN to gas at a pilot and this place was small but the company I worked for made us buy only certain amounts at certain stations. The Entrance was poorly marked and of course I went in the wrong one I tried to pull through the Island and I clipped the pump. no damage to truck or trail or but pump was damaged. So this is my story Call me what you will but now I am looking for a new Job because the company I worked for did not fire me I chose to leave on my own. They sent me a letter telling me that the accidents were preventable and I could be terminated so I asked them straight out if they were firing me said they could not tell me but wanted me to keep working going that I shouldn't worry about this!@!! but when you have that over head its all you think about... Now I have applied at company's but do not have enough driving time i have sent for a copy of my dac so I can see exactly what was written by this company. I need to work I not looking for hand outs just a hand up!!
Old 12-22-2006, 12:11 AM

your in corn country. look at a farmer. that's what i did and i am loving every minute of it. i have 1 accident on myDAC that was reportable and no ticket was issued but i screwed up. i admitted it to the farmer, i didn't tell any sob story told him exactly how it was. i drove too long got too tired and when that happens some people tend to not pay as good attention as they should (Especially in down town Chicago) said OK went with me on a 3 day run and said i was hired. like i said your in Iowa, there is SOOO much corn out there and there have to be some good paying farming jobs. you will not find these jobs in the paper you must go out and ask these guys cause most of their hiring is all done by word of mouth.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:43 AM
Senior Board Member

I hear that! A moving agency I know let a guy drive a straight truck without a license. He went through a scale in Indiana and got called in for a broken headlight. When he went in, they told him they were issuing him a warning and to get his paperwork and they'd send him on the way. Well, the fool drove off and ditched the truck 2 miles down the road and fled on foot. long story short...he was apprehended in minimal time/effort and the agency was fined $5000 from &^%$#@!$^ Van Lines :wink:

People lie and say theu have CDL's too