User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default O/O seeks Werner driver/trainer, make O/O $$

Need Werner driver/trainer. If you can really run, why not make O/O money? Plus, you will own the truck after 3 and 1/4 years. If you need a lot of home time or stop at every truck stop, this will not work for you. If you can keep your tired rolling, have a good work ethic, you'll make some REAL satisfying money. Call 702.858.8556, ask for Joe. Truck available immediately. References upon request.
Thanks.
Isis Transportation, LLC
Old 09-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Senior Board Member

what kind of truck.....ive never seen any o/o with werner...just the fleece purchase drivers
Old 09-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Rookie

It's a Freightliner Classic, 13 speed, turned up. This is one of 3 trucks I have - all purchased with standard bank loans. I've been an o/o with Werner for 5 years. I stay with them, because they treat me great. Good dispatchers - As of 9/4 I have run 171,382 paid miles since Jan 1. 06, in spite of taking extra time off this year. In August, the driver/trainer I have in my 2nd truck cleared $7,704.48 after taxes, after expenses, take-home (net).

I have seen the kind of leases you refer to . It has been a few years since I researched the various ways to lease or own a truck. Most of them suck, so it is good to be careful with programs that sound too good to be true. For starters, what retail value is charged for the truck? If the purchase price is not a good one, then you can?t make money. I am a driver. So I have structured a plan that makes money for the drivers. ( And I make money, too. But I'm not greedy.) I make the deal extra sweet by giving a bonus at the completion of the 3 ? 4 year contract: I give the truck ? with engine rebuilt ? to the driver to own, run, sell, whatever they want to do with it. That way, I hope to attract someone who is able to think like a business man.

Just curious ? how long ya? been driving, and for what company?

Yours in Transportation, Joe
Old 09-18-2006, 09:35 PM
Senior Board Member

I drove for werner and also for Tim Moran the guy who has all the volvo's leased on to them. Your three trucks are running as training trucks is that correct