User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2019, 06:23 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 2016 f150 3.5 eco Platinum or 2017 f150 5.0 xlt?

The 2016 EcoBoost has 60k miles. The 2017 5.0 has 22k miles. The 2016 ecoboost is $33k and the 2017 5.0 is 30k. Both are good deals.

I will be using light to heavy home use. Hauling lumber and the occasional pallet of sod or tree or a ton of gravel or dirt. Might put a can am commander in the back at times. Its 1500lbs. Main use will be commuting 20 miles several times a day. Towing occasionally. new projects in mulund

I live in Montana and spend some time in the snow, skiing and hunting. flats in ghatkopar

I like the Platinum more but I know the more there is, the more can break. Ford electronics seem pretty well build so maybe all the bells and whistles will be okay. Kind of worried about the ecoboost but kind of contemplating taking the gamble. I like the torque numbers and I have always loved turbos. apartments in dadar

I do miss a v8 sound but I'm not sure its enough to get a v8 again. I've had 350s, 390s a 5.3, dodge 5.2, and duramax lly. Currently have a honda ridgeline and it's not doing it for me. The truck just feels lazy.. it gets decent fuel economy but I'd rather having something more capable and more fun. I had to get a half pallet of sod because the ridgeline couldn't handle more.

Last edited by michaeljames; 08-23-2019 at 10:58 AM.