User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2018, 08:15 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Inexperienced CDL A driver looking for O/O who needs driver

I am graduating a 2 year rehabilitation program that allowed me to get my CDL A & B's. while working for their moving company. I have only have limited time driving 48' & 53" trailers hauling furniture on interstate and local moves. I have a DUI that will be 3yrs old on Jan 10, 2019 and that is all that is on my MVR. No felonies or misdemeanor crimes. I am as hardworking as they come and am looking for an opportunity to get my life back on track and start a career driving a truck. Obviously being in a 2yr rehab, drug test is no problem. Got an offer from Western Express but don't want to take it if I don;t have to. Willing to drive as much as possible. If any one can help, please e-mail me at [email protected] or respond to this thread. Thank you
Old 09-01-2018, 01:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Have you filled out the electronic app on this site? The shotgun approach is better for people who have some issues.. Watch out for some of the pirate outfits, be wary of anyone TOO willing to hire you. You have a right to drive legally, drive save equipment and even get home sometimes.
Old 09-01-2018, 01:31 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
Have you filled out the electronic app on this site? The shotgun approach is better for people who have some issues.. Watch out for some of the pirate outfits, be wary of anyone TOO willing to hire you. You have a right to drive legally, drive save equipment and even get home sometimes.
I have not filled one out on here but I have probably talked with over 100 recruiters this week and they all say the same. DUI needs to be 3 years. Western express is the only one to say yes. I’ve done a lot of research on them and know they are shady but gotta get experience somewhere. Thanks for the response fozzy
Old 09-02-2018, 02:58 AM
Senior Board Member

Keep looking, right now is a GREAT time for drivers looking to 'upgrade'. Companies are hard pressed for drivers and are paying more n more.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 11-14-2018, 03:18 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete View Post
Keep looking, right now is a GREAT time for drivers looking to 'upgrade'. Companies are hard pressed for drivers and are paying more n more.
hard pressed for drivers that actually WORK and not whine about every load and/or want to be home every week.
You need to Pay Your Dues for at least 2 years at ONE Company.
You "hop around" and could get blackballed so no company will touch ya except the scumbag/lowball companies.

"You NO wanna work, You NO gitta pay".

The WORST WAY to start Trucking is falling in the Outhouse of Lease To Own.

The only shortage of Drivers is a Glaringly Obvious SHORTAGE of QUALIFIED and EXPERIENCED Drivers who speak English!!

You can make a small fortune in Trucking if you begin with a LARGE one.