User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2018, 03:59 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Hello everybody Noobe/Trainee Trucker here with a work history question?

Hello everybody and soon and hopefully soon to be fellow Truck Drivers.

My Story
I was an Ironwork/welder for 12 years.
6 years ago in 2012 I started my own nutrients resale business first 4+ years of business we did great future looked very shinny But past 2 years competition has me working for nothing most the time.

My business has me doing a lot of driving up and down I-25 and I-10 from Colorado to Florida in my ford dully with a 32foot enclosed trailer gone 2 to 3 weeks every month and barely breaking even past 13 months. So time to make a change. I love being on the road I take my Son with me sometimes and my wife other times and I just love it. So becoming a Truck driver seams like the logical choose. (Im going with Schneider paid school program) I have already Got my DOT physical and passed the Class-A CDL written"I have temp permit in hand" and passed 2 drug screens. I start school tomorrow 7-2-18 at USA trucking school in fountain Co. I feel I am more than capable to pass any test written or skill that they through at me but my work history is what IM concerned about.
The first 4 years of my business I just ran as is no corporation papers. I did not get Inc. until 2014 and I have not filed TAXES for the business yet. But I do have bank statements with A tax ID# atached to it with the company name for past 16 months that the recruiter says they will take but after watching videos on youtube I feel i should not trust the recruiter?
I ,m beginning to worry they will kick me out over this when i get to Schneiders Orientation Facility in salt lake city any advise would be nice.

No criminal record for past 24 years (bad boy in my mid 20.s) 1 felony(Fake id) couple misdemeanors no drug related
No traffic violations sense 2008(A speeding ticket 11 MPH over posted speed limit) not much trfaffic wise before that.

thanks for any comments

OTRTruckStomper
Old 07-16-2018, 06:58 PM
Senior Board Member

I think the speeding ticket may be more trouble than your spotty work history, you're not only going to have to explain the gap but also sell that explanation. Be upfront and proactive, include the explanation with your paperwork and most of all make sure it's always the SAME!
BTW, how have you not filed taxes in at least 4 years?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 07-17-2018, 02:54 AM
Board Icon

I was hired on at Schneider with guys who had tickets on their records. Some had multiple speeding tickets much more recent than yours. I don't believe they go back 10 years, only 6. No wrecks is a good deal. The felony, was that prior to 24 years ago? I wouldn't worry about the taxes issue with Schneider, that's IRS! You were in business for yourself, hard for them to argue with you on THAT work history.

Some of what the recruiter says is total BS, but not all of it. If you have questions on Schneider, I can help you as best I can. I was with them as a driver from January 2017 till 3 weeks ago when they let me go due to the dedicated contract not being renewed. They did not do me wrong at any time.