User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2017, 12:36 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Looking for training i have my permit and dot card

My name is Rodney and im looking for one on one training. Will pay you for your time. I live in the central fla. area. Signed up for the wioa program waiting to be approved. Been waiting two weeks now. You can contact me @ abelisrael52@ gmail.com or text me at 386 232 0039
Old 10-18-2017, 01:22 PM
Senior Board Member

By and large seeking this type of training is a colossal waste of time, money and effort. Get in gear, contact the trucking companies (through the various electronic applications on this and other sites). Find the jobs, find out what they accept as training to be hired, then go contact the schools that they recommend. I have seen this time and time again, if you receive training by some driver in a non-professional means, it counts for nothing and in the end you will be considered by the industry to have no training or no useful training. If the training goes bad, you get dumped and you have wasted whatever time and money that you have invested. Seek out professional training and you will have more protection and can prove that you have had training in several important areas that the companies and the industry require to be trained by "real" companies with real jobs.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:54 PM
Rookie
Default Thank u

Waiting for wia program. Me having felonies on my record most companies wont touch me. If u have any other ideas im very open minded thank u. Schools are out of my reach. Looking for loans or grants.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod528 View Post
Waiting for wia program. Me having felonies on my record most companies wont touch me. If u have any other ideas im very open minded thank u. Schools are out of my reach. Looking for loans or grants.
Get on the electronic applications NOW (Yesterday would have been better) and start getting applications sent out! There are companies that take felonies (some felonies of course will rarely to never fly in the industry) but the choices are going to be rather slim. I hear (but do not know for sure) that Carolina Carriers, Western Express and Trans AM will accept felons of different flavors. You have to put it out there and not try and BS and just see what happens. But the LAST thing you want to do is go out alone at the mercy of some shlub pirate outfit where you are 100% expendable. Wait for the WIA money if its coming or see out carriers with programs that train you and allow you to pay off the training costs over time via payroll deductions. This will be rough and this will mean that you will have to really work on putting up with what some of the bottom rung companies ARE. It doesn't mean that you will drive, junk, work like a slave or have to work as an outlaw.. This is what the pirate outfits do! You have some dirty laundry.. keep it clean, LEARN the whole job, take the lumps that you will have to take and get a couple of years of experience.. after that, its your record and reputation as a driver that they look at MORE than your past.. right now that's ALL they have to look at and frankly, the performance from this group tends not to be the best. Hang in there and keep on trying till you get into the seat..
Old 10-19-2017, 03:52 AM
Rookie
Default Thanks

Will start right now. Waiting on background check with a school in sanford fla. Tdi. Was upfront with the recuiter. Said he can find me work but it will be on the bottom of the list of companies. Do care need the road experience that is what matters to me most.. Going to put one in for trans am. Thank u
Old 10-19-2017, 08:11 AM
Board Icon

Some companies will pay for schooling in return of signing of contract to stay for 1 year. Some people think that's bull $hlt but, if one can't afford schooling out of pocket, it's a good option. To start moving up in this industry, you need a minimum of a year experience anyways........I couldn't afford a refresher course, signed a 4 month contract and was on my way, I'm working on my 10th month being at Schneider.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:16 PM
Rookie
Thumbs up Thanks

Filling out apps all day today not stopping til i get into a seat. Thanks alot.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:52 PM
Rookie
Default Might have found a company

I might have found a company that will give me a letter of intent to hire me after completing cdl school. Guys calling the school to find out the details and if it works out wioa will pay for my training based on me having a job upon completion of cdl school. He has a legitimate trucking company very small but willing to hire me.will keep u posted.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I might have found a company that will give me a letter of intent to hire me after completing cdl school. Guys calling the school to find out the details and if it works out wioa will pay for my training based on me having a job upon completion of cdl school. He has a legitimate trucking company very small but willing to hire me.will keep u posted.
Good deal dude, good luck. You will always do better getting certified training and having all things documented.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Don't stop with just one letter, make a goal of getting as many as possible. Then start sorting them out and pick what you feel would be best for you. Make SURE they know about your convictions!!! I seem to remember a guy getting the boot from JB for not disclosing his past yet he said he did and had copies of paperwork. I guess someone didn't read it till he got to orientation.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington