User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2016, 02:59 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default What are the Best Trucking Companies to Work for?

Hi, everyone. Can all the professional truck drivers on here tell me, form their own experience, what are the best trucking companies to work for? When I say "best" trucking companies to work for, I am talking about the pay (either

weekly pay or mileage pay), benefits (medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, etc.), equipment driven (late-model?), and home time. Please tell me the name of the trucking companies and not just "this one trucking company I worked

for...". Please tell me how long you worked for that trucking company or how long you have been working for that trucking company if you are still with them.

What are the worst trucking companies you've worked for? Please tell me the names of the trucking companies, how long you worked for them, and why they were the worst.

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:32 PM
Senior Board Member

trucking companies are kinda like shoes, what fits me might or might not fit you. What kind of experience do you have and how much? Do you have a cdl? we need more info.
With that said some thing change and some don't, stay away from any co. that pushes a lease (CRE come to mind)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 07-07-2016, 06:14 PM

the best (so far) trucking company to work for, is the one i am at now

dedicated account, salary, home every weekend, and all holidays.

been here, going on 5 years this upcoming November

worst...??

they all are, until you get to work for "the best"...
Old 07-17-2016, 05:05 PM
Senior Board Member

As mentioned before, it depends on what you are looking for. I have worked for some of the big ones SWIFT, Celadon, Risinger Brothers and some smaller ones. I currently work for a smaller less than 50 company truck company. They are demanding but they are equally rewarding, at least in my opinion.
They push us to squeeze every mile and stop, (we are probably 40 percent ltl) and if we don't we hear about it. Missing an appointment or being late is unacceptable, and they place importance on appearance.
In return though we get decent pay, quarterly bonuses, 20 hours personal time, vacation time, they match .50 on the dollar up to a 6 percent contribution in our 401k, profit sharing, extra pay running in the northeast, etc. Not to mention they get us home most weekends.
You just have to ask what you really want in a company and look for it
Old 01-06-2017, 08:07 AM
Rookie

Much depends on where you live. You may not be in the hiring area for some great companies.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:03 AM
Rookie

Okay, so after searching all over the internet, I found a great article titled The Best Trucking Companies to Work for in 2017 that talks about the different truck driving jobs out there and even shows how much a bunch of different trucking companies all over the country pay their drivers. Oh, and the article shows ratings for the companies from the employees, too. Pretty cool. Anyone trying to find a good trucking company to work for should probably check it out.

Tags
best trucking companies, truck driving companies, trucking companies, trucking company, worst trucking companies