User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2015, 09:58 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Info on line haul for NEWF

Does anyone know anything about NEWF linehual, pay benefits equipment etc I'm gettin ready to start n looking for a heads up thanks
Old 06-28-2015, 02:19 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiet View Post
Does anyone know anything about NEWF linehual, pay benefits equipment etc I'm gettin ready to start n looking for a heads up thanks
I'm a city driver but most of the linehaul guys I know do $1000-$1200/wk. Weekly pay. There will be pay fluctuations between terminals. As far as equipment it's mostly Macks. My terminal is split between the older CH600's and the newer Pinnacles. But word is they may be leaning towards Freightliners and I noticed one show up the other day. The benefits are descent, you pay, but not much, it's like $45 for a family and it's United Healthcare which is much better than Blue Cross IMO. You've also got the Pension which is company sponsored plus a 401k. I'm not sure of the mileage breakdown for linehaul but for city it's OT after 8/40 which is nice, and you get paid for 8hrs once you clock in.

I haven't been on long but when I was looking I was also had my eye on YRC and ABF. YRC seemed all over the place with hours when it came to being new and on call, day, night, weekend, dock work etc. ABF seemed a little better but I was told up front a lot of dock work, then I was told by more than one of their driver not only do they have days sometimes with more dock work than driving, their huge into the home delivery now with thier U-pack service including many home exercise delivery contracts they have which includes the DRIVER getting exercise equipment into the houses and ASSEMBLED! Screw that, not what I got my license for. I also learned at a Food Lion DC from another ABF guy that ABF won't front lumper fee's when needed. I watched an army unload and breakdown my truck while HE was in his 100F trailer breaking down pallets. NOPE! Granted linehaul wouldn't be affected by that, but still. So far I'm very happy with NEMF. I'm new and on call but my start time only fluctuates a couple hours at best and the drivers don't work the dock, at least at my terminal. I think some people take the "free" insurance thing and run with it, not realizing it's NEVER really free. It's always worked into something, somewhere. Just out of site out of mind. I'll take my more or less predictable schedule, and not assemble stuff inside of peoples homes, or be a lumper for free.

If nobody else replies I'll try to getting better linehaul details for you Monday when I'm back at work.