User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2014, 10:31 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Looking for trucking company that might consider giving me a chance???

Yes I have 3 dui's....1999,2001,and last one in2005...I am looking for company that might consider in helping me get my cdl's and give me a chance...i have been in and around AA since 2006 and have 460 days without a drink today and don't ever plan to drink again..I was told by CR England couple years ago if I got one of the dui's explonged off my record he could start getting in a truck in matter of days???
Old 02-02-2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake12 View Post
Yes I have 3 dui's....1999,2001,and last one in2005...I am looking for company that might consider in helping me get my cdl's and give me a chance...i have been in and around AA since 2006 and have 460 days without a drink today and don't ever plan to drink again..I was told by CR England couple years ago if I got one of the dui's explonged off my record he could start getting in a truck in matter of days???

With all due respect, it wont happen.. No insurance company out there will allow a trucking company to hire you, Regardless of what you are doing today by not drinking, Congrats for that.. You have to realize 3 DUI's equals liability and major insurance cost giving one mishap where an injury has occurred.. you could get away with one DUI, maybe possibly two???? but three it wont happen.. If a company is going to give you a chance they will be bottom of the barrel..

Timberwolf
Old 02-05-2014, 05:12 AM
Senior Board Member

only took 3 dui's to make you see the light?, go get a job where you dont drive ANYTHING EVER and thank God you didnt kill anybody
Old 02-08-2014, 07:26 AM
Senior Board Member

A few points to consider:

1.) What kind of work are you doing now, and why are you looking to make a change??

2.) Why are you considering trucking, and why do you believe that a trucking company should hire you??

3.) With three DUI's, especially with the last one being less than a decade old, no reputable company can or will touch you. The only companies that would consider you (even if their insurer's will allow it; doubtful) are outlaw companies that will run you illegally, with sh8ty equipment, and they'll pay you very poorly.... if they pay you at all.
In the mean time, you'd be spending hours stranded on the side of the road, or parked in truck stops arguing with your dispatcher, service manager, and/or the owner, or the owner's wife, waiting..... and waiting..... and waiting... for repair authorization. With the majority of reputable trucking companies, and with all outlaw companies, if your wheels ain't turnin', then you ain't earnin'.

4.) C.R. England is so far down in the cesspool that they have to look up with binoculars to see bottom, and as a CRE driver, you'd need a telescope to see it. Stay away from them, even if they will hire you. Every time I see one of their trucks, I literally wonder about when that CRE driver ate his last meal. No, I'm not being sarcastic at all. CR England's legacy for financially ruining drivers through their fleece program is well known, and it knows no end.

5.) Even if by some wild chance you could find a company willing to hire you, you'd still be a sitting duck behind the scale houses. DOT officers will be gracing you with additional attention, carefully inspecting your truck, and combing through your logbook and paperwork. With your record, no doubt, they'll want to search your truck as well. With a CDL, they don't need probable cause to search it, either.
Since outlaw companies generally don't spend a dime more in maintenance than they absolutely have to, they tend to be rather lucrative targets. Of course, where it comes to outlaw operators, the drivers are frequently the ones stuck with the fines, and you'll be the one left sitting while your tractor and/or trailer is red tagged. In trucking, even good drivers with clean records are often considered by LEO's to be guilty until proven innocent. You would be an easy, convenient, and lucrative target.

6.) Regarding matters 3, 4, & 5: Could the situations I've mentioned REALLY be as bad as I make them out to be?? Hard as it may be to believe, the answer is "YES"!!

I commend you for your sobriety, but you really need to look into other career fields.

Last edited by Useless; 02-09-2014 at 03:34 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

In my state, Michigan, I don't think any dui, felony or misdemeanor can be expunged. It's stays on your record permanent.
Check with your state to see if they will allow expungement, and what the requirements are to qualify.

My advice, seek construction work, as you will get a job close to home, and you can make good wages, and won't need to worry about your criminal record.
If you have a substance abuse problem, driving is not a good career for you, and it will cost you a lot of time and money to even get into the business.
You don't have a CDL yet?… save your money.