User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2013, 02:35 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Question re. fuel permits

Hello everyone- I live in WA and got my CDL through kind of a loophole. I have a business, and under state law I was able to register my business as an employer of drivers, then certify myself as a qualified driver and take the CDL skills test without having to go to school. I thought I was being sneaky but checked that I could sign the form as both employer and employee and it was all legal. I practiced with some local drivers until I was ready, and passed the test. Registered the business with USDOT and am in compliance with all federal and state laws. I do not need to drive often and I am not for hire. Having not gone to school or driven with a mentor, I have a question about what I need to do on an upcoming trip. I need to go to CA in a week or so and I need to know if I need a fuel permit or anything else for CA and OR. I haven't done an interstate trip in a commercial rig before so I don't know what is required. I do know that when I brought the truck into WA from OR where I bought it I got in trouble for not having a trip permit and fuel permit. Now that the truck is registered and I am paying tonnage to the state each month, what do I need to take the truck to CA? I will not be carrying any cargo for a third party or for sale -- just picking up supplies that will be brought back here for our use. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:13 AM
Senior Board Member

Need to buy OR & CA trip permits. Need OR both ways,down and back. Call a permit service and have them order.