User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2013, 03:18 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Relevant Experience?

I'm looking to change careers in the next few months and leaning towards driving. My question is, will 6 years of doing yard jockey work with dry vans and side loaders count for anything since the company said I did not need a cdl because I was always on private property?

I'm curious if anyone has some insight on the topic. I have my class a permit now and am lucky enough to get some practice with my current employer due to a lack of drivers. I'll be able to cover a route here or there with a light duty driver.

I can dock in a tight yard no problem, just no experience on the highway yet. I really don't want to pay for a driving school, but if it's what I'll end up having to do, I may as well start now.

I'm looking to relocate, so staying with my current employer isn't really an option. Plus I don't think they'd be thrilled to lose a warehouse supervisor to the teamsters local.

Thanks in advance for the help.