User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default please help

hey all, havent had much luck landing a good job. trained with swift, and had almost no pay, switched to us xpress. fiance got sick, took a local job. local job was stringing me along and only paying min wage.

trying to find a home for a while. thinking jb hunt at the moment because of all the companies ive called thus far, they seem to offer the most pay. itll be a regional job, home weekends, and about 1000$ per week. then a couple months down the line they told me i can switch to another job, where id be home pretty much every day, and make a bit more.

also called roehl and maverick about flatbed. nervous about it tho to be honest. looking to make a decision sometime this week as i want to get started next monday.

considering LTLs like saia, reinhart, estes id need my other endorsements, mbm, mcclane, abf, yrc i think ill try since i think someone said they might take me. still going to try of course.

live about 20 miles west of milwaukee, so if anyone has any good suggestions id be more than willing to hear em.

planning to hopefully get my other endorsements tomorrow
Old 07-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Board Regular

lot of ltl is home daily. saia estes abf have lots. not sure any of those hire low experience

jb is a crapshoot. they have lots of divisions though.
Roehls thing is their hometime programs. heard both.. cant make a lot 7/on 7/off..
milwaukee should have a crapton of local
also look at the food companies

personally i wouldnt be caught dead at jb. when u tell people u drove for them.. never gonna look at u quite the same. but i know some drivers, especially lease and dedicated fleets who loove them
be smart avoid otr if u can