User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default need help

I have CDL class A, and I graduated my cdl school in august 2012,but I didn't started driving.I decided to start it now but I am worrying about my driving record.Before I got my cdl I had 2 accidents,the 1st one was due to bad weather I got no ticket non my fault non was hurt and was febaury 2010 dismissed,the second one was parking no ticket non hurt dismissed and it was march 2011.And 1 speeding ticket 11 mph over the speed limit and I paid it was dismissed and it was febaury 2012,and I also had 1 DL suspension in 2011. so I need help.is there a company which would hire me such record?

I would appreciate all your help.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:44 AM
Rookie

Thats a tough one. Unless you are in a rush to start driving now, it doesnt look good. If I were you, I would start calling companies or do the online app here. If you can wait or afford to wait, give it another year for those tickets to fall off your mvr.
Also, go pull your own mvr and see whats actually on it.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Senior Board Member

That is going to be tough, not only with the tickets/accidents but didn't anyone tell you that your cdl has a shelf life? Most companies want new drivers right out of school or atleast within a couple months and you've been out almost a year. About all you can do is start filling out app's, start here on this site cause you can fill out one app and send it to 100s of companies some will look and some won't but its a start.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 07-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Rookie

I got u but I only had 1 speeding ticket which was 11/mph over the speed limit.that was the only ticket I had.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Rookie

I think we misunderstood bigroot, I only had 1 speeding ticket which was 11/mph over the speed limit and it was February 2012. And 2 accidents the first one is older then 3yrs and the 2nd one is 2yrs & 8 months old I got no ticket both of them and was not my vault and where dismissed.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:45 AM
Board Icon

I see a potential glaring issue that you gave little detail on. Your DL was suspended 2 years ago..........companies will want to know why or simply won't touch you at all because of that. It's an insurance thing, you can be the best driver ever in a semi but whomever they have insurance thru won't cover you so the company can't hire you.

Your 2 crashes still on record are another issue. One was due to weather, we are sometimes expected to drive in horrible conditions..........your other one was trying to park, another thing truck drivers do a lot of is parking. Plus you have a speeding ticket that is just over a year old. Your record is too hot it seems but that suspension will be a glaring issue. You might want to look at some smaller outfits that have only a few trucks, small outfits that are close to your area usually.

The last problem is, you got your CDL and have no experience here a year later. Starter companies want you as you come out of school. IF they were to take you now, they may tell you that you will have to go thru the school again in a refresher course. All you can do is start applying to any and all. It really would help your case if you don't have any set preferences to what you want and such. Take what you can get, get some experience then check your options for changing companies if you want.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Rookie