User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 05:33 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Confused Recruiter?

Hi, I'm new to the forums and am starting the process for getting into the training program at Swift. I'm in the pre-qualifications phase, and my recruiter seems to be having some issues with my MVR, and I wanted to share this and see if anyone has any helpful input, because I'm not quite sure how to proceed (or if I even can).

First, my driving record. On a 5 year lookup on my record, I have two non-moving violations. However, on the same report I have multiple license suspensions for not paying the fines for those infractions (I know, I know). Ultimately, those were all paid and show on my record as being clear, all cases closed. I currently have a valid and clear WA state drivers license.

So, after I take the online training classes, I contact my recruiter to proceed to the next step. A day later she calls me and says she has some issues with my driving record. During this call she told me that two license suspensions show as active, as they have dates listed next to them bumped out 10 years from the original infraction dates. She also says she has no idea why my license was able to be renewed, and that I am SR22 status and that I cannot be hired due to all this. I told her I had absolutely no idea what she's talking about, because I just recently renewed my license without incident and even got a copy of my driving report from the DOT before even applying at Swift so that I would know if I would even qualify. She said if what she's looking at is wrong then I have to go try to get my record changed, otherwise she can't hire me.

So I went to the DOL and brought my MVR that the recruiter printed out. The lady there also looked up my record on her computer to verify. She said that the Swift recruiter didn't seem to understand what she was looking at and had to have misinterpreted my record. She said that those bumped out dates on my MVR refer to the dates that those records would drop off my record completely (10 years after the fact). She also said I am not SR22 status, and even though I have more than one license suspension, she said she couldn't imagine why a company wouldn't hire me based on my driving record as it is (probably debatable, I really don't know).

So now I have the task of having to explain to the recruiter that she isn't understanding what she's looking at. I'm not sure what to think here, and I'm not sure if Swift is going to consider me now because of this. Should I try to find a new recruiter and start from scratch? I'd look to another company, but Swift is extremely convenient for me as I have little to no out of pocket costs to go to school to get my CDL and most likely get a job. Plus, unless I'm not doing enough digging, I can't seem to find any other training companies that hire out of the Seattle area (although I was looking at Stevens, but apparently they only train in Dallas).

Sorry for the long-winded post, but I'm kind of flabbergasted at this point. Does anyone have any experience getting on with a company with a similar driving record? Is my record even acceptable as it is for any company to hire me? How do I deal with this recruiter who seems to not even be knowledgeable enough to do her own job? If anyone can give me some advice I'd greatly appreciate it.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Simple. You can't.

When you get a ticket, always do one of the two things:

1. Hire a lawyer -- Protect your DL. It will cost more than the ticket, but a lawyer can sometimes work out deals with the procuter to get tickets removed off DL after tickets are paid for. Yes, it does happen even with a CDL...but only a lawyer can work that deal for you. Procuters will sometimes not deal with you...in their minds, why should they?

2. Pay the ticket, and pay it fast.

NEVER TRY TO FIGHT A TICKET WITHOUT A LAWYER!! If you try, you will be at the mercy of the judge. If they are having a bad day, or someone before you pisses them off, it will be bad for you.

You might have better luck with other companies, just be straight forward about the suspencions, and why they happened.

Good luck.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 01-19-2013, 10:53 PM
Board Regular

Just move on.

There are countless other megas that are desperate like SWIFT. You won't get any satisfaction by pestering a recruiter. They are paid by the body and your body doesn't pass their test so the recruiter no longer has any interest in you or your questions.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:55 AM
Senior Board Member

You may run into the same problem with other companies so you might as well take care of it now. Go back to the DOL and see if you can get a signed letter (on letter head) from them explaining it all. Then make copies and keep one for ever! In the mean time keep working with the swiftie.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 01-20-2013, 04:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Have you thought about calling back to swift and asking for a different recruiter. Have you thought about waiting until after all those bad things go off your MVR? Have you considered other companies. I would first and foremost get this whole mess straightened out. It could also be that the recruiter had been told by supervision that you were not hire-able and to give you a BS answer to try and get rid of you.

Tags
recruiter, swift