User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2012, 08:03 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry My little dilemma

I got my cdl from C.R. England trucking school. I met a guy in class and we became team drivers, he leased and I co-sgned for his truck. Drove for 4 months OTR and in January of last year I was cut off and ended up in a rear end accident. C.R. England disqualified me from working for them, so I had to go home. I really miss driving, but I can NOT find any driving jobs that will touch me. Since the accident I've been working fast food... waiting and searching for some kind of driving job.

Couple questions, since I was a 2nd seat to my team driver, did I work for him or C.R. England? So that means I really dont have any "verifiable" experience?
I started to build a resume, but with only one driving job and with only 4 mnths otr exp, have I hit a dead end in the truckin industry? Do I have to sit and wait a couple years before I would even be considered eligible for a job?
Old 05-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Senior Board Member

No matter the situation, you were running under England's authority and were therefore employed, or leased, by England. You will most likely encounter serious problems getting another OTR driving job for a variety of reasons. The minimal experience combined with the at-fault accident will make you untouchable by the vast majority of OTR companies out there. You will probably have better luck applying to local companies. Even if you get a Class B job driving a garbage truck or roll-off dumpsters, it would pay better than fast food and you would keep your foot in the door in the driving industry.