View Poll Results: Is CRST THE BEST COMPANY FOR ME .
Is CR ENGLAND THE BEST COMPANY FOR ME. 1 50.00%
Is the trucking industry the best for me . 1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 10:59 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wink What's the best company for me CRST OR CR ENGLAND?

Hi everyone my name is Mack Like Mack Truck and my Cb Handel is and will always be Snowman as I got the name when I was 14 driving my dads truck and talking on the Cb for so long with no radio handle my dad ask me saying son what's your favorite movie I said dad it's should be that hard I watch it as much as you watch star trek I said Smokey and the bandit dad . He said ok well what name you want to be called son I said Snowman . And I had that name ever since even my true friends call me snowman not even by my real name any more but anyways drivers enough of that to the point . I have been wanting to be a truck driver for over ten years but my dad past away over ten yes ago and I got married and had three kids thru out two different relationships and been working like crazy on and off with some very good compacts and not so good and now I'm employed on a military base but my hours had got cut from 60 hours to 20 hrs a week and now I have reach my boiling point and I said to my self it's time after being stuck at this no paying sucking job that's just putting me deeper in debt I can't take it no more it's coating me to lose time with my kids and my family and I have I make a choice or I will be on the streets and I am a American and I have to to stand up and I want to work and make the money I deserve to make instead of 10,000 a year and can't buy nothing for my kids because I'm always broke well I want to be with a long standing company who cares about there employees and there families and who gets benefits and a 401k and a paid vacation and time with family and being able survive in this economy so I ask from all tall drivers out there with your help I will be able to make a difference for me and my family . What's the best company for knowing I don't have to worry getting laid off or not having a job after the training. Is it CRST OR CR ENGLAND . I thank you all for the help and everyone have a wonderful and exciting trips to yalls destinations . And every one stay safe out there it's a crazy world . Your s truly Mack aka Snowman

Last edited by Snowman1982; 04-18-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:41 AM
Board Regular

Run like hell from england like your hair was on fire!! They try to get you to lease there truck. You will be there slave and be broke and probily owing them money. You'll go out on phase one training and phase two training I'k warn you phaes two training is the lease scam where you go out with a lease operator don't lease from the carrier you run for as they have controll over your miles and your paying for there repairs fuel among other things and they force you To finish the lease before you can buy the truck. I'm sure they will tell you they jave no company trucks available if you don't lease one aNd send you home!! And do you feel like walking through metal detecters and rent a cops to see your dm??

Last edited by ground_pounder; 04-20-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Given the two choices, I would go with CRST. There are also other options.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Senior Board Member

There's a *LOT* more options than either of those companies. Also, what makes you think you're going to get rich doing this job? As a company driver, a realistic number is in the range of $45,000 per year income. That doesn't count what it costs to actually live out here. I average $75-100 per week in food & expenses on the road. So, that $45k just dropped to $40k. Benefits? Expect to pay in the range of $1,000 per month ($250 per week) for health insurance for yourself and your family. That drops you another $12k per year to $28,000 (before taxes).

So, is it really worth it, being gone for 2-3 weeks at a time? You'll average 1 day at home per 7 days out. But, that 1 day at home is usually calendar day, not a 24hr period, meaning if you get home @ 11pm on Friday, expect to be on the road again @ noon on Sunday.

Just being 100% honest with this. You're not going to get rich (or barely pay the bills). You're not going to see your kids grow up. You're not going to see your wife when she really needs you. If you're not already in this industy, I'd say don't do it.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Senior Board Member

#1. Where are you?
#2. Why CRST or CRE?
#3. Check the threads about those two carriers on this forum. That should give you some information about them.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Board Regular

id'e keep looking if i was this person there are better choices out there. google is a mans best friend as well. and if this person don't want to team drive then id'e stay away from crst as there only teams from what they told me.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Rookie

Family time? Don't get into otr trucking. And just so you know, with EVERY otr company, there are drivers that make it, and drivers that don't. Groundpounder has a hardon for cr England. If you are young, have kids growing up and need regular hometime, that's not happening, and it doesn't matter who is making the truck payment. If your kids are grown, and hometime is not an issue than u can succeed anywhere. I know guys at England clearing 3000 a week after expenses.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Rookie

I wouldn't go with either. Crst has to be the worst of the two evils. Go to careerbuilder.com and do your home work. Do not take anything less than 38 cents per mile to start with no experience or owner operator $1.75 per mile. Any way you go it is tough as far as truck driver. Over the road no home time. Local hard to get a decent paying company. Good luck to you.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:53 AM
Rookie

There are companies out there that have regional runs, which would get you home a lot more. You also have to search around for company insurance benefits, not all of them want your arm and leg. What experience do you have? Looks like you will be going to a trucking school? If you go to one with a trucking company, you have to be careful of what the contract says. Some of them want you to stay with their company a certain amount of time, before you can find one that best fits your needs and yes those kinds of companies are out there, I know of several.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:12 PM
Board Regular

id'e look for local companies vs the mega carriers!! all the starter co's are the same werner swift crst england and so on just different trucks and numbers on the door.

Tags
cdltraining, crengland, crst