User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Trying to get back in a truck after long absence...

I am looking for a driving position , long haul , regional , dedicated.. Drove from Feb. 04 to Sept. 06 then again from Mar. 2011- July 2011. I dont have any kind of bad driving history..I was placed out of work due to an injury "workmans comp" from Sept 06 - Mar 09. I recently did a rehire with swift where I should have stayed but hine sight is 20/20, I left :banghead:. Now I need to establish some driving time. If anyone could use a dependable. honest, dedicated second seat or first seat driver please give me a call @ (229) 539-1668.. I reside in Valdosta, Georgia area off of I-75 exit 5 or 11..
Thanks
K.L. Davis
Old 12-04-2011, 12:17 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Have you thought about getting in touch with Swift to see if they will still hire you?
Old 12-07-2011, 03:25 AM
Rookie

Swift was the first place I tried as a rehire. I have a totally unblemished driving history, my DAC looks out standing, but for some unknown reason Swift Safety Department said "NO"... Oh well it's their prerogitive.. Life goes on. MVT called today.. Trying to get a heads up on the company now... Hey thanks for the reply. Have a great day.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Did you ask Swift why they turned you down? If it were me that is something that I would want to know.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Rookie

As a matter of fact I did ask. They would only state it had something to do with the safety dept. , My driving record / driving history is unblemished so that didn't make any since to me. They refused to provide and more information. I hit them up with the freedon of information act and that still did't get me any closer to a good answer. I'll continue to persever and something will come my way.. Thanks for your reply.
Hawk
Old 12-12-2011, 02:54 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Safety may have had a problem with your quitting after only a short time and then a gap of several months. I don't know the circumstances of why you quit Swift, but whatever the reason you are back at square one. Here is the problem. You had over 2 years experience and then a 4 year gap. The workers comp is a problem with some carriers. More problematic is the lack of recent experience. You have 4 months experience in the last 5 years. Most carriers want to see at least 6 months to 1 year in the last 3 years. It is good that you have a clean MVR. That will certainly help. You may need to go with one of the training carriers to get started again. If you have kept your CDL current for the last 3 years you may find a smaller carrier that will give you an opportunity to get back in the saddle. The Freedom of Information Act only applies to government agencies, I believe.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:06 AM
Rookie

The freedom of information act is maded for everyone to access... juat a word for thought.
I agree with everything you said, it is going to be a rough uphill road to hoe. But like I stated before perserverence will prosper in the end. Being a former Marine I do not know defeat. Only a tactial retreat, reaccess the situation, adapt to the conditions set in place, and then over come a victor.
Thanks

Last edited by Hawk_sga; 12-12-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Do you have a full 4 months experience in the last 3 years or are you short on that? If so, and there is nothing major on your dac or MVR thats too scary, I might be able to get you on Averitt. You would have to go out with a trainer for most likely about 3 weeks. 600 bucks a week while training...then you could do a regional or OTR...whichever you want.