User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Advice To Get Hired

I am 50 years old and I plan to start schooling very soon - I see no major problem with getting the CDL. However, my employment history is all but absent. You see, back in my early 30's the wife and I had children, two were severely disabled and required the two of us to care for them. This was the time when I became a stay - at - home dad / caregiver for my children. The one child died due the disease and the other one grown and is out on her own.
We have no children at home and I would like to get back into the plans I had then - moreso now.
Do you think I would actually get hired though in this industry ... it just seems so tough these days that you have to be so perfect just to get hired - that worries me itself. Everything else with me is good to go. No criminal, no traffic or felonies. I never did drugs I do not smoke or drink period these days.
I live in Northeast Pa - if that helps any.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Rookie

If you are going to attend driving school you will have no problems getting hired to a company for recruiters will come to the school to recruit drivers.