User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2011, 02:26 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Please Give Advise

My name is Tim and I've been trying to get back into trucking since 2008. Between C.R. England & J B Hunt, I have over 1+ years of documented experience ( I have been driving trucks for 20+ years undocumented). My Dac Report has on it:
1 preventable in 2006 ( in which is questionable)
1 non preventable in 2007
1 dropped trailer in 2008
CR England put on my Dac "Unsafe Driver" in which my Dac & driving record does not reflect that statement and I cannot get it remove. That statement is keeping me from being hire by good companies. Is there any companies you know of that does not subcribe to Dac and if I become and owner operator and maybe with my own authority, would my Dac Report become a factor?
I have no criminal record, no license subspended, no dwi, no reckless driving on my driving record.
Please give me your best advise to help me get back on the road. I truly appreicate anything that you can advise me to do. Thank you very much.
P.S. I also drove tankers at Laguardia Airport in New York City for 5 months.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tls1249 View Post
My name is Tim and I've been trying to get back into trucking since 2008. Between C.R. England & J B Hunt, I have over 1+ years of documented experience ( I have been driving trucks for 20+ years undocumented). My Dac Report has on it:
1 preventable in 2006 ( in which is questionable)
1 non preventable in 2007
1 dropped trailer in 2008
CR England put on my Dac "Unsafe Driver" in which my Dac & driving record does not reflect that statement and I cannot get it remove. That statement is keeping me from being hire by good companies. Is there any companies you know of that does not subcribe to Dac and if I become and owner operator and maybe with my own authority, would my Dac Report become a factor?
I have no criminal record, no license subspended, no dwi, no reckless driving on my driving record.
Please give me your best advise to help me get back on the road. I truly appreicate anything that you can advise me to do. Thank you very much.
P.S. I also drove tankers at Laguardia Airport in New York City for 5 months.
I don't understand how you could have 20 years of "undocumented" driving history in trucks. It just couldn't be possible..........I would think.

ON the DAC report issues. Those three documented incidents are tough to over come. The CRE label of "Unsafe".....were you working as a CRE company driver....or were you a "Lease Operator" with them? If you were a LO....you write a letter to DAC (HireRight) and inform them of such, and advise them to remove any CRE comments for that period.
IF you worked as a CRE employee.........you are hosed.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:59 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
If you were a LO....you write a letter to DAC (HireRight) and inform them of such, and advise them to remove any CRE comments for that period.
IF you worked as a CRE employee.........you are hosed.
What would the difference be? Either way he still worked/operated under CRE's supervision and the USDOT number.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:52 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgfg View Post
What would the difference be? Either way he still worked/operated under CRE's supervision and the USDOT number.
The only drivers CRE or any other company can report on to DAC, are company drivers.......Employees....... Lease Operators and Owner Operators are not employees, they are contractors. A company that pay's drivers by form 1099 can not place comments on the DAC record of those drivers either, because they are not employees either.

Placing a "employee" report on DAC would get a ton of these companies in a world of hurt with the IRS. Payroll taxes not paid....FICA not paid.