User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Student driver looking.....

.....for my best start. What are some of the best companies to train with and stay with til I get a couple years under my belt? I'll graduate from a highly rated driver training school on April 8, 2011 with a Class A CDL, should have the tanker, doubles/triples endorsements. I gotta wait on the HAZMAT coz of the $100 background fee. I'm 51 yrs old, drug and alcohol free and I'm serious about getting out there and staying out and at least trying to make a good living. Any leads on a good company that will train and get me in the 1st seat quickly. Not a team player at all, wanna run solo. Thank you.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:01 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You may want to check the company listings on this forum. Some of the names that come up for training are Swift, Roehl, Millis, Covenant, US Xpress, Maverick and TMC, depending on the type of freight you want to haul. Maverick and TMC are flatbed carriers. The others pull flats. Starting out you will most likely be put with a trainer for a few weeks. Once your trainer feels comfortable with you abilities then you will be assigned a truck of your own. Some carriers are team and others are solo operations. In any case, you will usually be assigned to a trainer for a few weeks starting out. Good luck.