User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Question about training

Hubby and I are very close to going to driving school to get our class A's and we are looking to the future when we do get hired and how the training portion will go.

So my question is, when we are with a trainer, do we actually go out on the road with this person for days (plural)? And will we have to sleep with said trainer in the truck?

Would they pair me up with a guy trainer? Hopefully I would get a female. Nothing against guys but to be sleeping in such close quarters with a strange guy would be a bit uncomfortable.

I plan to also ask the potential hiring company these questions also, but I just wanted to get some feedback on here to see what you all had to say.

BTW we are planning to go to an actual school that has a driving program, like Mid Florida Tech in Orlando. Not one of those 2 week driving schools that charge you $6,000 or more. Mid Florida Tech's program is 8 weeks and costs $2,140.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Senior Board Member
Default OTR Training Question

So my question is, when we are with a trainer, do we actually go out on the road with this person for days (plural)? A few weeks, expect at least four to seven. And will we have to sleep with said trainer in the truck? Yes, alternating when trainer is comfortable with your driving.

Would they pair me up with a guy trainer? If you want to complete OTR training quickly, not that many female trainers. Hopefully I would get a female. Nothing against guys but to be sleeping in such close quarters with a strange guy would be a bit uncomfortable.

I plan to also ask the potential hiring company these questions also, but I just wanted to get some feedback on here to see what you all had to say. Definitely.

BTW we are planning to go to an actual school that has a driving program, like Mid Florida Tech in Orlando. Not one of those 2 week driving schools that charge you $6,000 or more. Mid Florida Tech's program is 8 weeks and costs $2,140. Good plan.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:22 PM
crb
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

There are a few companies that train husband's and wives together in the same truck. I know at least four years ago three were several. Ffe and crst maybe were two I can't remember for sure now. We talked to damn near every training company in the us.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:57 AM

Hey thanks guys. We go this Tuesday to the orientation to secure spots in the next class (DOT physical and TABE test too). The class is in Orlando, 3 hours from us. Already went and got our permits. I can't wait. My mom is going to kill me haha.

I'm not too worried about the training portion, I'm gonna do what I gotta do
Old 02-21-2011, 12:58 AM

BTW, my real dad, who I haven't seen since I was 7 years old (long story) was a truck driver, so I think I have it in my blood