User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2011, 11:39 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default How would my mvr look to a company?

I was wondering If my abstract would be good enough to get hired. Ok I have had my license already for about 6 years out of the 6 years I say I have about 4 behind the wheel. I been out of a tucking for the last 2 year's. Now i Know most truck companies look at the abstract and can go up to 5 years back how about the companies that go back 3 year's do they normally look at 5 year's also?

In the last 3 year's I got 2 ticket's in my own Vehicle (not a truck) and one accident that I was not at fault

The tickets consists of

Delaying traffic

improper use of multi light beams

My registration was canceled due to not paying the insurance company so there is a fee I have to pay to restore it. I haven't been driving ever since because I sold my car anyhow.

and last but not least The accident but I was not at fault. what do you pro's think about this? Would a company over look me because of my qualification not complying with there demand's or would most company still hire me.

Last edited by hydroplane; 01-23-2011 at 04:22 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:54 AM
Board Icon

Can't say on the tickets but on the wreck, I was never given any hint of trouble with one where I wasn't at fault. Depends on the crash itself as to why it wasn't your fault as to whether they may have a problem with it. Mine was some dingo merging into the side of me, not at fault and the companies I talked to had no problem with that. One told me that had it been me who did the merging then they would have had a problem with it.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:54 AM
Rookie

It was a bumper to bumper crash nothing serious. Basically a scratch to his own vehicle. It was me and my uncle going shopping for some supplies at a hardware store. While we was circling the lot for parking we saw one car backing up so we stopped not close behind him but far enough so he could see we where waiting for the parking. Well mind you while he was backing up he ended out hitting my car. I couldn't back up because there where pedestrians walking behind me but I did honk my horn compulsively but he did not stop with the warning up until he hit my bumper then he stopped. There was a sheriff parked close by in a matter of seconds he came by. I believe the other driver got a ticket for it also but I did not.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:21 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

The traffic violations don't seem to be too serious. You may be required to furnish any potential employer a copy of the accident report. Or, they may want to order one for themselves. All carriers are required to pull your mvr. They usually go back 3 years, but could go back further. Most will not go back any further than 3 years. You can also expect them to pull a copy of your mvr annually.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

As far as I know, most companies only go back 3 years. I've only had one that went back more, and I have been very glad, ever since, that I never started working for them. So far, even something like "serious violations" only seem to count for the last 3 years. Delaying traffic would be the one I would be concerned about. What was the reason? This is the sort of thing that causes others to have accidents. You may not be involved, but 5 and 6 cars behind you can have a series of rear-end collisions. In a commercial vehicle, you can expect that to come down on you, and the company you drive for. In some cases, I know of 4-wheelers that were given tickets for that when a truck was involved in the accidents.

The bumper-to-bumper, about the same thing as getting rear-ended at a red light. Not exactly something you can do anything about.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:00 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
As far as I know, most companies only go back 3 years. I've only had one that went back more, and I have been very glad, ever since, that I never started working for them. So far, even something like "serious violations" only seem to count for the last 3 years. Delaying traffic would be the one I would be concerned about. What was the reason? This is the sort of thing that causes others to have accidents. You may not be involved, but 5 and 6 cars behind you can have a series of rear-end collisions. In a commercial vehicle, you can expect that to come down on you, and the company you drive for. In some cases, I know of 4-wheelers that were given tickets for that when a truck was involved in the accidents.

The bumper-to-bumper, about the same thing as getting rear-ended at a red light. Not exactly something you can do anything about.

Well none of my ticket's where point's reflected on my license. The delaying ticket was basically a BS ticket during election time. Cops have to meet a quota during those election's and basically I had to be one of the statistic's. I live in New Jersey the most corrupted state in America that right there should tell you something. How I got the ticket easy I was making a left turn where left turn's are aloud, I was trying to get into a store (target) the cop saw I was driving a fancy lexus pulled me over because I didn't have the turn signal on. But I was at a lane where you could make left turn's get it? he followed me in the store while i was looking for parking and pulled me over saw I was Spanish, and had a nice car he gave me BS from the door. Mind you If I would have stated my brother is a cop in the same county he would have let me go with out the racial profiling BS,I had a sexy girl sitting in the passenger seat and he was basically showing off I explained I was at a turn where I could make left's what was the problem? So here he goes with his macho ego showing off his badge BS, writes me up a summons and leaves with a smile on his face. He lied simple as that, and trust me that isn't anything new in this state.Cop's are very racist out here. To have fought that ticket would have cost me at least a grand for a lawyer and court fee's I just payed it and said the hell with it.

Last edited by hydroplane; 01-27-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
The traffic violations don't seem to be too serious. You may be required to furnish any potential employer a copy of the accident report. Or, they may want to order one for themselves. All carriers are required to pull your mvr. They usually go back 3 years, but could go back further. Most will not go back any further than 3 years. You can also expect them to pull a copy of your mvr annually.
I have the accident report's. I was denied to work for that car hauling job at united lol, I didn't want to work for them any ways to many horror stories with that company wagoners also pulled my 5 year mvr and stated I should call back next year. A mail contracting company called me with a hourly wage paying about 26 a hour but they stated I needed to verify 3 more month's as verifiable reference, and I can't just furnish that up so now I'm trying to get a local gig for 3 month's so I could get into that mail contracting buisness.