User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2010, 03:28 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Been out of the truck for awhile, what's up with all these anti-idle laws?

I've heard that there are places where you can idle if your in the truck. I've heard there are places where you can't idle the truck even if your in it and it's 25 below or 135 degrees outside the truck.

I spent last week on the road with a friend of mine and he got me all confused, but that's ok, I confuse easily.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:35 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

It is called revenue generation. Some states such as California and New York have anti idling laws. They are laws based upon false science. The real reason is for revenue generation. Some states are more aggressive in enforcement than others. I just try to stay out of those states. Let them send their own trucks to bring in the freight. Some states allow for onboard generators. You can also have a bunk heater in your truck for winter months.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Some states allow for onboard generators. You can also have a bunk heater in your truck for winter months.
Wait... I thought all those sleeper trucks have generators? Do you mean to say that some states don't allow them? How else do you power your AC or heater or tv or fridge without the generator?

If hubby and I will have to live weeks at a time in one of those I want to be comfortable! I HAVE to be able to plug in my laptop at least!!!!
Old 12-28-2010, 01:56 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I should have said APU. California initially said that you could have any APU. Then they decided that some needed to be retrofitted. California keeps changing the rules. Basically, I think they just need revenue and don't care how they get it.