User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2011, 02:59 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydiae View Post
Greetings, everyone, it’s been since Jan or Feb since I last posted, and so much has gone on, Husband left W/E and now he’s working for a smaller company that is local. I'm going to school to become a Freight Broker; I have done some research and decided to get into something I can do from home. I will use it as back up when just in case I get tired of commuting back and forth from work.
I'm thinking that the smartest people aren't waiting to get tired of commuting. They're looking at the cost of commuting, gas prices, insurance premiums, registration, and maintenance, and they're opting for a situation that they can earn a comfortable income right behind their front doors.

Met a guy a couple of weeks ago that has worked for a company in Seattle for the last 15 years. He lives here in FL, and works from home as a technical writer.

Brokers can also be thousands of miles from the office. But, there you may be doing some driving to meet customers in person. But, you'll have to get the accounts in competition with other brokers, and keep the prices up high enough so that you do not cut the throats of the truckers, or you won't be able to get a truck to haul the load. I hope you can find a good balance there, or offer the customer support and service they can't refuse.