User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2010, 04:27 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default PA idling law, weigh station question.

I have been in Pa quite a bit lately and I see the signs for no idling but everyone seems to idle as if no law exists. Anybody have any run ins with law enforcement?

I finally drove through a pa weigh station on I 80 and it was quite different. Basically a rest area with a few bears sitting there watching you drive through. Do they weigh you or what? What's the deal with the sattelite dish gadget they have out there?
Old 10-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

They could weigh you if they wish. Some of the pull offs that they use for weigh stations have scales in the pavement. I would think that the satellite dish is used for communication. They do often seem to do a lot of inspections. When you drive through you are subject to be inspected at any time. As far as their anti idling laws are concerned, I have heard of some who have issued tickets but have not seen anyone being harassed by the enviro police. Someone mentioned to me once that the city of Clearfield has been known to issue tickets to trucks who are idling at Sapp Brothers Truck Stop.