User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2010, 02:55 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

To the best of my recollection I have always reached an American when I have called Sprint. They have always done a good job when I have had a problem with my phone or air card. The bad side is that it can take a while to get through their voice mail prompts.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:07 AM

I appreciate all the responses. I have had T-Mobile, Verizon, Alltel, and Cingular in the past. T-Mobile is on my permanent do not use list because of the way they treated me and well over half my subscribed unit when we returned from our last tour of duty in Iraq. They charged us all different fees to hold the numbers while our plans were on hold, charged us additional months after our contracts were supposed to be put on hold, etc. and then cancelled our plans and reported us to the credit bureaus for not paying our bills on time, plus tried to get us to pay extremely high reconnection fees since our plans were terminated due to non-payment on accounts that were supposed to be on hold. T-Mobile was by far the best coverage I had until I switched to Verizon after the fiasco. I loved the coverage I had with them, until I moved here to Mississippi. I live just off the first exit as you enter the state westbound on 20/59 and I have had horrible coverage here with them, though ATT is very reliable around here. I don't mind paying the extra amount, just was wondering others thoughts. I will probably just stick with Verizon, they've always treated me great.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:15 AM
Rookie

Stay away from verizon Pay as You go phones. These are the noncontract cheaper verizon phones. They don't have the ability to roam. I found that out the hard way down in Mississippi last year. I now have a contract smart phone by verizon and I have driven from Ohio to Arizona with no problems at all.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Senior Board Member

I too have always reached an American when I've had to call Sprint over anything, which is very rarely. For example, they used to charge me Mexico roaming fees every time I went to Laredo or El Paso. When I would get the bill the next month, I'd call them and they'd reverse the charges immediately.

I've got a total of 3 phones with 800 shared minutes + the laptop aircard. I pay $160 per month total.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:54 PM

Here's a post I made a little while back. It may offer some help. Maybe not. :roll:

http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/n...tml#post469755
Old 07-31-2010, 04:31 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaldeagle655 View Post
I have ATT&T, I highly do NOT recommend them. If you are like me, you want a phone that will not only talk but be able to access at least a limited internet, especially for me, weather related apps. With the introduction of the new Iphone4, it seems that the "partner providers" for ATT&T, no longer are allowing the unlimited broadband access that I was sold. I contacted customer service and was told, sorry, that was beyond their control and no, I couldn't cancel my contract without paying the early termination fee of $300. Attorney letter went out Friday, I'll see if that $25 helps
I guess different people have different strokes. Or something..
I've never had any trouble with AT&T. I have wonderful (with the exception of a couple dead spots) service, and I can pretty much talk on my phone all night. Of course, I don't have an IPhone. My wife has one, but I wouldn't have a clue how to work one. I don't even use the internet on my phone. I just use it to talk. My bill is a little high, but I am happy with my service with AT&T. Sprint aint a patch on AT&T's shirt when it comes to good service on hwy 82 in no man's land.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 07-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Senior Board Member

I'd have to say verison. Of course I'm still under the old altel plan so my bill is a little cheper than some but since they swiched over to verison, the coverage is exceptional, obviously, wv, ky andsome other states it's hit and miss but overall, they have awsome coverage
Old 07-31-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeshock View Post
I'd have to say verison. Of course I'm still under the old altel plan so my bill is a little cheper than some but since they swiched over to verison, the coverage is exceptional, obviously, wv, ky andsome other states it's hit and miss but overall, they have awsome coverage
I too was under the Alltel plan and had zero problems. I did decide to change to one of the Verizon plans because I wanted unlimited talk. I wish I hadn't done that because I don't really need the data plan that I also took but as far as the coverage - it's even better than Alltel's was.

If Sprint were the last cell phone company on the planet I'd be using smoke signals to communicate. I absolutely hate Sprint but that's a personal thing. I've talked to others that love sprint and would never ever use Verizon. So, your best bet is to make the best choice you can with the info you have and pray that you can "logistically" return your phone within the 30 days and try another carrier if you end up not being happy with the first.
Old 05-27-2022, 01:52 PM
Rookie

I think the best option would be to buy a new phone number, but not a simple one, but one that can not reach you, will be like in tech support or advertising, to your call, and you can not call back. It turns out that this is a genius idea in case you're tired of your wife with her calls and complaints, and you want some peace. You should definitely do that, and I advise you to do it.

Last edited by VinniePo; 06-02-2022 at 12:39 PM.