User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default First 4 Mos.Team Driving Schneider National

I have posted on here before and always have gotten great advice and respect the community greatly so thought I would share some information I have of the first 4 months working as a team driver for schneider national. I am on the dedicated account for Emerson Electric.

background-Worked 10 mos. at werner enterprise, followed by 4 months of local. Got layed off for a year, moved to Texas from new england for jobs (no one hires in Maine). Applied for the team dedicated position and got it. I have 1 speeding ticket, pers vehicle, 20mph over; 1 accident in a CMV, brought down a telephone line that was hanging too low.

Orientation-Easy and pain free. Started on Wed. ended Sat. I went home for 3 days afterward and got a rental car to drive 1700 miles to pick up an Emerson truck. We drive 12 hour shifts, 9-9, with me doing the night shift. Our miles are meh at best. We get as low as 3500 miles but sometimes 5200 as a limit we rarely reach. I'd say its very roughly 4200 avg. After chatting with MANY Emerson drivers, it seems to be hated and extremely low pay, but I seem to do better than all others I chat to so Im assuming their not trying very hard or trying to be dramatic stretching the truth a little bit as my partner and I are not exactly very "pro" at it. Also for hometime, we leave 8am monday and go to next friday, 12 days out, 2.5 days home

Schneider for teams split the miles then we get paid our individual CPM for the miles after the split. Its good because our bonuses are seperate, CPM different, etc. We each got a seperate $2500 sign on bonus as well. 1,000 on completion of orientation, 500 every 4 months until 2500 is paid.

Starting with March as date I finished orientation, pay for the week stops on Sat. and you get paid the following Fri. All amounts are with 0 insurance, .39 cents/mile, single male in Texas. All listed amounts are AFTER all taxes, $25 extra pay taken out for taxes, and may include reimbursements for scales, etc. So amount listed is the amount deposited to me.

$1,101 (orientation + bonus)
$581
$733
$758
$949
$817
$787
$776
$714
$796
$825
$1,014 (really bad week + bonus)
$755

Anyway, is this pay good or bad for team driving?

Last edited by Angrhost; 07-19-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Who's to say what's good or bad? Are you happy with it? It's less than I make solo and my truck doesn't bounce while I sleep. If you like the team environment, I'm pretty sure you could do better.

If Hobo (FEDEX team) doesn't chime in within a day or two, I'll send him a PM and direct him your way.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:43 AM
Board Icon

cdswans said:

Quote:
Who's to say what's good or bad? Are you happy with it? It's less than I make solo and my truck doesn't bounce while I sleep.
Two questions. Who do you drive for, what type of freight, and how many miles weekly average? :lol2:

Quote:
If you like the team environment, I'm pretty sure you could do better.
I think freight is still a little slow. The pay is pretty good for "standard" companies (with no more experience.)

Quote:
If Hobo (FEDEX team) doesn't chime in within a day or two, I'll send him a PM and direct him your way.
No you won't!! My inbox is FULL and these cheap bastids won't give me anymore! :hellno::rofl:

But, I DO have some questions for the Original Poster, which may have to wait until the weekend (if he's interested.) Something doesn't sound just right with the math. My quick figuring shows he SHOULD be splitting an average of 5000 miles a week for that pay.

Does Texas have a State Income Tax?

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:20 PM

No, Texas does not have a State Income Tax.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:02 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chain binder View Post
No, Texas does not have a State Income Tax.
Thanks. I didn't think so. That would just about make the difference in the miles I was seeing. Should bring it down to an average of about 4500 miles/wk.... and he said 4200 on average. I think some of the difference is in the re-imbursements for scales, etc.

I'm single, too... and I pay about $50/wk in state taxes. Dang! I should move to Texas! :thumbsup:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.