User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I probably shouldn't even respond... but, I will.

For the first few years, I pulled a reefer. I've been to every Chitty produce shipper in Cali (including Coachella and that town just south of there,) and Salinas, and everything around Bakersfield and north to Fresno! And don't get me started about YUMA! :hellno::lol2:

I found the Mexican women working in the office to be VERY helpful, because I didn't treat them like they OWED me something. There's a lady in (what WAS the name of that town south of Coachella?) ... oh yeah... BRAWLEY! ... that brought homemade burritos to work, and I always bought a couple and RAVED about them to her!

I've spoken broken Spanish to (nearly) every forklift driver in the Western part of this country... and got EXCELLENT service and co-operation from them!

I NEVER looked at a Mexican worker in a shipper like he was below me. Heck... HE gets to go HOME every night to his family! I've had them stay OVER and finish loading me, cuz I told them how much "I" wanted to go home.

As many of you know, I live alone and don't have many friends. MANY of these guys out there TREATED me like I was a friend. Maybe, simply because I TRIED a little Spanish... maybe, just because I wasn't CONDESCENDING.

I really MISS going to the West Coast! I MISS these guys! I had VERY FEW problems out there! So.... KNOWING what an A-hole I can be, how would you rationalize this?

I got BETTER service from these Mexicans (legal or NOT) than I get NOW from my own dispatchers at FedEx! And, believe ME.... If I could get the same money and go BACK there? I'd go in a FLASH!

But, I never DID the whole "48 state" deal that many have had to do. I really think the problem lies with the dirty little situations in the NorthEast... although, I never had a problem THERE either!

Hobo

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:28 AM

My biggest pet peeve was when I had codriver that could never stop farting every 3 minutes. Yes,I counted the intervals between the farts. I told him to not eat anymore burritos or taco bell supremes but he no listen. I try Gas-X but to no avail. Glad to get that off my chest. Such pleasant memories of teaming in a Prime Fleece truck,NOT. My other pet peeve was stupid people that stay in the left lane for no reason.
Stupid people that increase speed when I pass(both cars and trucks). Stupid people that jump in front of me and slow down for no reason. Never had much problem with shippers/receivers/lumpers. As long as I followed their policies I was in and out within 2 hours or less. Anything over that and detention pay would start at anywhere from 20.00 to 50.00 per hour. My other pet peeve was a doofus hillbilly redneck DOT officer in NC that doesn't even know how to read a logbook during level 1 inspection.