User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2010, 01:33 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

If there is a company for whom you can go to work you could check with them to see if they will allow you to "borrow" one of their trucks and drivers so that you can take your test. There are also truck rental companies such as Penske and Ryder who may also be able to help you find a driver who would like to earn some extra cash by going with you to take your test. You won't be able to rent the truck yourself if you are the driver, but there could be a driver who would be willing to rent himself to you for a few hours.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
If there is a company for whom you can go to work you could check with them to see if they will allow you to "borrow" one of their trucks and drivers so that you can take your test. There are also truck rental companies such as Penske and Ryder who may also be able to help you find a driver who would like to earn some extra cash by going with you to take your test. You won't be able to rent the truck yourself if you are the driver, but there could be a driver who would be willing to rent himself to you for a few hours.
GMan... have you been talking with my car loan officer??:eek2: That's the same suggestion he made just 20 minutes ago. Get my written test out of the way, get the permit, then approach a company about providing me assistance with getting the CDL, provided that I work for them when I get the license.

I am going to get the manual to be sure that there's nothing significantly different from the TX written exam, then take that test as soon as possible (basic plus HAZMAT). What I may do afterward is to try the Pilot's near Mt. Sterling and Georgetown to see if there's a driver who would want to earn a little extra pay for the day... maybe find one that is on a 24-hr restart.