User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Self Respect

I am not one to post on forums unless I feel the need. I feel the need now. I have only been driving for 6 months and I am amazed by the lazy, disgusting habits of I sure, a small percentage of drivers.

I use Mt. Dew Bottles just like the next guy. I do not throw them out of my truck at the next freeway on ramp or in the middle of the truck stop. Taking a dump right beside your truck? Come on!

Some customers have closed their restroom facilities to us because so many do not have the decency to clean up any of the collateral damage they cause in the customer restrooms.

I heard a rumor that law enforcement officers in ceartin states are going to start lifting prints from these roadside urine bottles and pursuing prosecution for littering. I heard they are also pursuing legislation for penalty enhancements for littering with human waste. I hope that its true.

Stop being so lazy and dispose of your waste so the rest of the public does not have to see it and further tarnish the reputation of our profession. Quit throwing your regular trash out on the side of the road also. There are enough dirtbags doing this in the public. Have some pride in yourself and your profession.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Board Regular

yeah guys..this **** has to stop!!!! and take a shower every now and again. i get one every sunday whether i need it or not!!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvmtner View Post
I am not one to post on forums unless I feel the need. I feel the need now. I have only been driving for 6 months and I am amazed by the lazy, disgusting habits of I sure, a small percentage of drivers.

I use Mt. Dew Bottles just like the next guy. I do not throw them out of my truck at the next freeway on ramp or in the middle of the truck stop. Taking a dump right beside your truck? Come on!
You're absolutely right. The proper place to do this is when you're making a political statement in... NJ, NYC, on the G W Bridge, CA Governor's Mansion, etc.

In a truck stop, you're telling your fellow drivers what you think of them.

Quote:
Some customers have closed their restroom facilities to us because so many do not have the decency to clean up any of the collateral damage they cause in the customer restrooms.
Now, in this case, I've been known to tell one customer that it would be better to have all that collateral damage localized in one place, rather than all around their dock areas and staging areas. I was told that in the staging areas and around the dock area, nature cleans it up for free. They don't have to have an extra employee to do that.

Quote:
I heard a rumor that law enforcement officers in ceartin states are going to start lifting prints from these roadside urine bottles and pursuing prosecution for littering. I heard they are also pursuing legislation for penalty enhancements for littering with human waste. I hope that its true.
To find out if there's any truth to this one, get a small plastic tub with a lit (that a soda bottle will fit into), a couple of cotton swabs, and a couple of tubes of super-glue. Pick one of those bottles up, place it in the tub with the cotton swabs, empty the super-glue into the cotton, and close the lid. About 15 minutes later, lift the lid and see if you can see any white fingerprints on the bottle. The vapors from the super-glue react with the oils from fingerprints and turn them white so they can be seen. Come to think of it, I believe the cops may leave them in there for a half an hour.

In one demonstration, they had someone grab a persons throat, like they were going to choke that person. Then, they rolled a light bulb over that area of the neck. By placing the bulb in a tub with the chemicals for super-glue and closing the lid, they were able to lift fingerprints off the light bulb to match the person doing the choking. What I don't know, is what nature has to do in order to destroy fingerprints on bottles.

If there is any truth to the rumor, this is very close to the method they will use to lift any prints. Then, expect them to go through any records of "hazmat background checks" to find a match. You can also expect them to add the cost of this to any enhancements of penalties.

To pick up litter is one thing. To handle litter that contains human waste is another. Throwing it into a dumpster may mean that when it is emptied, someone will still handle it. Many times, dumpsters containing kitchen waste goe to the landfill. Dumpsters containing trash go to a recycling center. Paper gets separated, plastic gets separated, metals get separated, and all go to be recycled. Someone will still have to handle that bottle of human waste, and empty it where?

Quote:
Stop being so lazy and dispose of your waste so the rest of the public does not have to see it and further tarnish the reputation of our profession. Quit throwing your regular trash out on the side of the road also. There are enough dirtbags doing this in the public. Have some pride in yourself and your profession.
When I was driving (before I retired), I felt that I was a far better driver than the 4-wheelers. (Still do feel I am better for having had all that experience behind the wheel.) But you are only "better" if it applies to all aspects. There are a lot of 4-wheelers that leave coffee cups, soda cans, and bottles along the highways. But, the vast majority of them are empty. If your trash contains what might be considered a hazard to come into contact with, you are placing yourself below their level. There are some of them who's levels are at he bottom of the barrel. Do you really want to place yourself UNDER THE BARREL?????

One of the problems that drivers face all the time, is a place to park the truck. At one time, there were vacant lots that drivers could park in and not have to worry about the truck, or being disturbed. Today, most of those same lots have signs that say "NO SEMIS". The reason? The cost of cleaning up behind drivers. In one instance, just one clean up cost a business $1500. That's about 1/4 mile from where I live. In Largo, a North American driver left a couple of truck tires and a plywood crate (4' X 8' X 8') in the middle of the lot. There were broken pallets scattered around as well. Any drivers pitch in to cover the cost? That's why you see vacant lots with chains, cables, or concrete barriers across the driveways. That's one of the reasons you can't find a place to park. I suspect that it's some of the same drivers that park their trucks in the fuel islands.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
You'll notice that some folks just don't care. I've never understood why some do those things.
I've never "used" a bottle. Never needed to. If I have to "go", I'll pull over and stop.

I used to stop to fuel at the Ampride in Perryton, Tx, when I was pulling a hopper bottom full-time. One time, there was a couple that parked their truck off to the side, after they fueled. She opened the passenger door and dumped, what looked like a glass pickle jar of urine. I just about puked. My buddy went over there, and got on to them about it. They just looked at him like, "Who are you??" I guess some people just don't have a conscious.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 02-25-2010, 05:57 AM

[QUOTE=Jackrabbit379;475728]You'll notice that some folks just don't care. I've never understood why some do those things.
I've never "used" a bottle. Never needed to. If I have to "go", I'll pull over and stop.

you are sooo right i never had to use a bottle or a plastic bag to go in!!! go before you take off and use the restroom when you fuel it simple and easier it takes nothing to pull over and go if needed proper trip planning makes it easier.....:thumbsup:
Old 02-25-2010, 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=bigtruckman;475750]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
go before you take off and use the restroom when you fuel it simple and easier it takes nothing to pull over and go if needed proper trip planning makes it easier.....:thumbsup:
Just remember to park off the fuel islands first. Nothing worst than a bunch of trucks sitting at the fuel islands and no one in or around them. I've seen drivers come out of the store with a weeks worth of groceries after they took a restroom break and they were too lazy to back up into a open parking lot.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Board Icon

You'll get no quarter, if Urina catches you. ... ....

Old 02-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Senior Board Member

[QUOTE=Chunker;475769]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtruckman View Post

Just remember to park off the fuel islands first. Nothing worst than a bunch of trucks sitting at the fuel islands and no one in or around them. I've seen drivers come out of the store with a weeks worth of groceries after they took a restroom break and they were too lazy to back up into a open parking lot.
I usually follow the ten minute rule of parking in that area ahead of the fuel stall if I don't plan on staying in that particular location that long.

Usually enough time to hit-the-can, fill my 64oz with iced tea, check my logs once more, and I'm gone.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:56 AM
Rookie

[QUOTE=bigtruckman;475750]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379 View Post
You'll notice that some folks just don't care. I've never understood why some do those things.

you are sooo right i never had to use a bottle or a plastic bag to go in!!! go before you take off and use the restroom when you fuel it simple and easier it takes nothing to pull over and go if needed proper trip planning makes it easier.....:thumbsup:
I never use a bottle when Im driving either. I've used them in the middle of the night in Laramie Wyoming in twelve below/forty below wind chill. I ain't getting out to pee in that crap. I find some dirt or grass to dump the bottle later and throw it away.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
I never use a bottle when Im driving either. I've used them in the middle of the night in Laramie Wyoming in twelve below/forty below wind chill. I ain't getting out to pee in that crap.
Yeah, that would probably be an exception.
That would be kinda chilly. :eek2:

http://watsonsysco.com/