Old 09-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad Hand View Post
Another thing I also do with Streets & Trips is save all my consignee and shipper locations, company terminal locations, and company drop lot locations. I just create a GPS trail when I enter or egress them and then pushpin them at the end of the day, then save them to my template. When I add consignees and shippers, I include the address and phone numbers and also indicate if they are live load, live unload, drop and hook, or both and whether or not they allow for overnight parking. You will be amazed at how much time this will save you.

Thus, when you have to inevitably go back to them and you will many times, there is no searching involved. You just right click them and add them to your route. In other words, you don’t even need directions.
Excellent info Glad Hand! That sure takes a hell of a lot of guessing out of the equation. Thus:

Wow! GPS (if used correctly) should be a Safety Director's dream come true? Isn't it? Less and less of their fleets doing turn arounds, running through residential neighborhoods at 3AM knocking down trees and power lines.

A beacon in the night. What an efficient way to move freight!!! Why isn't this equipment standard on all long haul trucks? Hmmmmmmmmm?

Oh, that's right. CPM pay has nothing to do with efficiency. Nothing at all. Because.......................

If you are routed Point A to B.........you are paid Practical or HHG. Doesn't matter how many times you loop around Atlanta or do turn arounds in Phoenix. You are paid the same. I forgot. 20 lashes for me.

What was I thinking? It must be this fresh air up here.........

"work 80-100, log 70, paid 40"