User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2009, 01:16 AM
Board Regular
Location: NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Everything at Pilots are 2 for $3.00 or $4.00 and they must think we can't read

Been to any Pilot lately You will be quickly reminded that you can get 2 for $____. Clever strategy though, they make you think if you buy 2 for only $_____ you are getting a good deal but you are really not.

Its all a mind game. Take a candy bar or any other product and mark it up 25% or more and sell it as a quantity of 2.

What bugs me is the fact that if you attempt to buy 1 of anything they tell you its 2 for $_____ as if you can't read the 50 signs hanging all over the store.

Last edited by ohiomohawk; 08-09-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:31 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomohawk View Post
Been to any Pilot lately You will be quickly reminded that you can get 2 for $____. Clever strategy though, they make you think if you buy 2 for only $_____ you are getting a good deal but you are really not.

Its all a mind game. Take a candy bar or any other product and mark it up 25% or more and sell it as a quantity of 2.

What bugs me is the fact they they tell you its 2 for $2.22 as if you can't read the 50 signs hanging all over the store.
Welcome to the WONDERFUL WORLD of HYPNOSIS
It's nothing more than the power of "POSITIVE SUGGESTION", and about 97% of Americans are much less than immune to it.
Even the folks that say they can not be hypnotized are affected by it. So...
There is really no such thing as "can not be hypnotized".
How do you think Obama got elected.
He was better at it than McCain.
Pilot didn't get to be where they are by ignoring it.
Virtually EVERY television commercial, radio ad, and billboards are all forms of it.
You are hit with one form or another, hundreds of times a day.
And, they would not keep using it if it didn't work.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:58 AM
Senior Board Member

Many times though if you look at it close you will find it to be 2 for $3 but it is $1.79 for one instead of the $1.50 you expect it to be. Yeah they are "losing" money per unit selling 2 at a discounted price but they make up for it in volume sales.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Piss bottles and garbage in the parking lot, piss and sometimes a few brown streaks on the toilet seats/stall walls, paper towels on the floors BESIDE garbage cans, trucks in the fuel islands while the drivers are eating/showering...etc.

Of course they think we can't read.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:16 AM
Rookie

Call it a rip off if ya' want, but 2/$4 on movie size candy boxes is the greatest deal ever. You buy them and sneak into a movie. Bam. You save like $5 right there.

Follow the Madness: Madness.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Well actually it is a good deal. Buy 2 for $2.22, or buy one for $1.40. For an extra few cents, you get TWO. So it is a good deal.

BUT what i am getting sick of, is that going into a Pilot is turning out to be just as bad going to Wal-Mart when they allow bums to set up tables out front of the enterance and try to sell you baked goods, or girl scout cookies. Actually, it is a good example of just where our country is going. You have snotty nosed little kids WHO ARE TOO DAMN LAZY to try to sell their crap on their own, mommy and daddy have to do all the footwork for their kid, while the snot nosed little kid has 2-3 friends along to keep them company.

I actually was asked walking into a Wal-Mart one time by a mom asking to help send their kid to some band camp in Florida or something. I stopped and said, "why isnt your kid the one doing the "selling" if they want it so bad?" So she gets her kid to come over to ask me. She said, "you want to buy some cookies?" and before she could hardly finish asking, i just said "No"....and quickly moved inside. =) HAHAHAHA.....dumb kids. If i were the parents, if the kid wanted to go, i'd be darn sure to make them do the selling.....
Old 08-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
Well actually it is a good deal. Buy 2 for $2.22, or buy one for $1.40. For an extra few cents, you get TWO. So it is a good deal.

BUT what i am getting sick of, is that going into a Pilot is turning out to be just as bad going to Wal-Mart when they allow bums to set up tables out front of the enterance and try to sell you baked goods, or girl scout cookies. Actually, it is a good example of just where our country is going. You have snotty nosed little kids WHO ARE TOO DAMN LAZY to try to sell their crap on their own, mommy and daddy have to do all the footwork for their kid, while the snot nosed little kid has 2-3 friends along to keep them company.

I actually was asked walking into a Wal-Mart one time by a mom asking to help send their kid to some band camp in Florida or something. I stopped and said, "why isnt your kid the one doing the "selling" if they want it so bad?" So she gets her kid to come over to ask me. She said, "you want to buy some cookies?" and before she could hardly finish asking, i just said "No"....and quickly moved inside. =) HAHAHAHA.....dumb kids. If i were the parents, if the kid wanted to go, i'd be darn sure to make them do the selling.....
Why don't you become a parent first, then you can bitch about the kids.:thumbsdown:

This thread was about the 2 for..... at Pilot. Instead, it turned into another "Kevin on his high horse" thread.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 08-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Senior Board Member

I would agree with you Double R if there was a "High Horse" part to his story. All I got out of it was that he likes being mean to little kids.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
I would agree with you Double R if there was a "High Horse" part to his story. All I got out of it was that he likes being mean to little kids.
The "High Horse" part is were Kevin takes a post and turns it into his personal rant.

The topic was about Pilot's 2 for what ever deals, he turns it into a rant about kids selling stuff out front.

Maybe "High Horse" might have not been the right phrase, but none the less.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 08-09-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double R View Post
The "High Horse" part is were Kevin takes a post and turns it into his personal rant.

The topic was about Pilot's 2 for what ever deals, he turns it into a rant about kids selling stuff out front.

Maybe "High Horse" might have not been the right phrase, but none the less.
"High Horse" = In kevins case