User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default they just pulled my cdl, any sugestions

hey there all, was just curious as to any sugetstions. I went through swifts school from feb 2006 to mar 2006. Becuse of the issues witht hier training I got a letter telling me my cdl was no longer valid. Is thier any information about what actions i can take? I have almost 3 years drive time and now am stuck jumping through hoops. Only problem is I'm not sure which hoops to jump through. Any help would be apreciated, thx.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:29 PM

This doesn't make any sense, did you take a CDL test at the DMV and pass? Did you transfer your license to your home state? Did you get a license in the mail? Did you renew your license in time? All you can do is talk to the DMV and get some answers.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Senior Board Member

were you a victim of this?
http://www.landlinemag.com/todays_ne.../032609-04.htm
Old 08-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Senior Board Member

ty, yes, that is exactly what i fall under. I can't beleave they keep giving the run around. if they would cover the gas and aprox $500 dollors for me to retake the test, I'd be content. I checked and the test is far easier than what they actualy put me through so I can pass with no problem but I don't have that kind of money to shell out. Not to mention since i didn't get the letters in time i now have a cancelation of my cdl, not sure how that's goinna look on my dac.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeshock View Post
ty, yes, that is exactly what i fall under. I can't beleave they keep giving the run around. if they would cover the gas and aprox $500 dollors for me to retake the test, I'd be content. I checked and the test is far easier than what they actualy put me through so I can pass with no problem but I don't have that kind of money to shell out. Not to mention since i didn't get the letters in time i now have a cancelation of my cdl, not sure how that's goinna look on my dac.
you wont have a dac until you actually have a trucking job, so you dont need to worry about that
you need to contact a lawyer
Old 08-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Senior Board Member

actualy i have 2 prior trucking jobs, over a year with swift, and over a year with risinger brothers but you are right, I might just email the one listed on that article. if it goes class action i might be able to get reimbersed or have them cover my retest
Old 08-04-2009, 01:50 AM
Board Regular

Wow, sorry to hear about the cdl deal gone bad and you starting over. If it's an option, take a bus to Swift and do the retest...If thats not an option, any chance you can retake a local permit test,then use a truck to schedule and retake a road test? Maybe try to find someone local on craigslist and offer a few bucks to use their truck. Or contact an OO from your previous employer when they are on hometime then schedule cdl test? Maybe call a local cdl mill and pay em to take the test over in one of their trucks? If none of this works, maybe go work local at pepsi (or a food service delivery) and get your cdl again then go back otr if you choose. Just thinking out loud and trying to help here...BOL
Old 08-04-2009, 03:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
actualy i have 2 prior trucking jobs, over a year with swift, and over a year with risinger brothers but you are right, I might just email the one listed on that article. if it goes class action i might be able to get reimbersed or have them cover my retest

So......You're gonna wait and see if the Swift CDL scandle goes class action....then wait to see how far Swift will push it thru the courts....(C. R. England took their little multi-year scandle all the way to the US Supreme Court....and even though they lost there, still have not paid up).....you are gonna wait, before you do anything about your CDL situation???

Okie Dokie!!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:10 AM
Senior Board Member

didn't say that i would wait. Only long enough to get the money to retake the test, but if they lose the suit I'll still might be able to get my money back. I still plan to follow this mater very closely. I still apricate the link and yes, plan to see where this goes.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
didn't say that i would wait. Only long enough to get the money to retake the test, but if they lose the suit I'll still might be able to get my money back. I still plan to follow this mater very closely. I still apricate the link and yes, plan to see where this goes.

Well...Ok. This matter all started over a year and a half ago. The raid was in March of 2008. It was national news, and was widely discussed here

The license suspensions were announced, and were national news, in Fall 2008, and widely discussed here and on other forums. There were several posters on this forum back in november seeking the same advise you seek now.

:deal: Don't know what to tell you....but...well. :deal: