you know it:thumbsup:
Old 07-31-2009, 05:31 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default the answer ...

The reply for that question it's simpler ... even if they try to give you a job it will be very expensive for insurance.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franwake13 View Post
God yoy know me soo well..... what a douch...... :lol2:
If you're going to insult someone, at least spell it right....D0UCHE
Old 08-20-2009, 03:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krich677 View Post
I just graduated from driving school and have a deferred sentence from about a year and a half ago that will be finished in a year and a half. Are there any driving companies that will hire me? I have a clean driving record and no other criminal record other than that. So if anyone knows of any please help me out I am looking for a job.
Bad economy or not, your problem is that you have two negatives working against you. First and foremost, you have no experience, which means that you have a very small pool of companies that you could drive for even if you did not have legal issues. Next up is the legal problem. You did not mention whether you will be a felon or not once you complete the deferred sentence. Not all deferments result in the charges havening adjudication withheld at the end of the deferred period. Sometimes a judge will give a deferred sentence but not withhold adjudication (meaning you would have the charges on your record). In most states, Simple Assault is only a misdemeanor and would not pose nearly as big a problem as a felony conviction would. Either way, with Maxwell Payne is correct that any terms of your deferred sentence (as many such sentences do come with stipulations) would been seen as an encumbrance to any prospective employer in our industry.

My only suggestion is to start making a list of EVERY company in the country that hires trainees and call them up. Ask for recruiting if you don’t have a direct number. When you get a recruiter on the line, don’t BS around about your situation. Talk to him or her for a minute or two and try to make a good impression and then get right to the matter at hand. They pretty much ALL are going to tell you to take a hike, so there’s no need wasting your time or theirs… you never know, you might just get lucky.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:30 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog View Post
why the hell does everyone think that owner operators dont have any rules to follow?
I don't have time to look up, let alone quote, the reg! Actually, it is an "interpretation" question from the reg (that I've read so many times.)

And.... I will "paraphrase" cuz I'm in a hurry....

"The FMCSA makes NO distinction between an O/O and a carrier. ONLY between companies and drivers. If you OWN the truck and drive it, you are both the driver AND the employer."

SOME O/O's are either SELF insured, OR have good relationships with their insurers. If they are actively engaged in "running trucks" on contract or through brokers, they can save money by employing drivers who otherwise qualify under the FMCSR'S.... but, don't get hired by the MEGA's.

Sometimes, men meet face to face and realize that it is worth the risk to give this MAN (or woman) a chance!

MANY of the O/O's on this board would find it difficult to hire me. SOME... I would not WORK for....

But, I would ALWAYS give a RIDE to the rest! :lol2::lol2:

Awww..... Y'all KNOW I LUV ya! Someday..... I'm gonna buy me a truck and join ya!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.